foz75

Replacing HotShot red parts trees with black?

Are there any alternatives in black to the red hot shot parts trees?  Some parts can probably be painted, others maybe not, so I was wondering if there are any others that fit.  Lots of google searching makes me think there aren't, but there seems to be a lot more knowledge on here than on google so I thought I'd ask!

Short answer no,

I have tried to dye them also , the front and rear hubs will definitely not take dye, I painted mine

That's what google was saying, so looks like painting is the only option.  Not sure I will do it yet, I fancy something slightly different to box art, but with the red parts other options are limited as the colours seem to clash.  thanks!

I bought some black aluminium hubs for the front off Ebay, can't remember who made them though. The triangular hubs that fit in the wheels can be replaced with black boomerang or thundershot items. 

I'm not too worried about the triangluar hubs themselves as I plan on changing to hex adaptors and using other wheels at some point. It's the other red parts - front and read vertical arms, suspension parts, etc) that I'd like in a different colour.  There are two D aprts sprues included though, so I can experiment :)