Grasshopper123

Noob help required

I have a black lunchbox. It will go forwards but not backwards! It’s been a few months since I tried to solve it. Previously it was going forwards and then cutting out. Now as if by magic forward works but no reverse. When I throttle forwards it goes fast. When I throttle back it stops the car but it won’t reverse. Any ideas please?

537A7B5F-06D8-4C2E-9C24-A72E43D3244D.jpeg

https://youtu.be/Q1geQtlCNKE?t=662

written instructions https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/blog/article/tamiya-electronic-speed-controller-setup/

I see from previous posts you gave a brushed motor in, so you need to change the settings so the light blinks green. See video for that, about another 30 seconds after where it starts from my link.

Should I be replacing the ESC? I have a hornet too and that works fine. Would it be worth taking the ESC out of there and seeing if I can get the lunchbox to work?

I don't have this ESC , but is reverse dissabled on it ? , might just need the reverse setting put in to it's programme

Just checked and full reverse is programmable - on or off , check the set up for full reverse on your ESC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah you can set this as forward only. In the instructions it can be set to forward and reverse. 

I have this esc and it just sits in a box cos its too annoying for words :lol:

• Thanks 1

Reverse being off is likely the issue but would be pretty odd if you haven’t previously messed with any settings because the esc comes standard with reverse on.

• Thanks 1