foz75

Hotshot paint ideas?

I'm really enjoying my Hotshot build so far, but am still undecided on the paint...  box art red is always good, but does anyone have a pic or suggestion for another colour? Google has a few - purple, green, white, black...  none of them really convinces me - is red really the best way to go?

• Like 1

I like these!  The dark red one and the blue one especially (which colour is that exactly?)  My Fox will be blue though, so I'd like something different for this...  I quite like metallic orange, but I just did  blitzer beetle in that colour, so maybe shouldn't repeat?  Need to look at painting all the red parts a different colour too...  There aren't many body colours that combine well with a black and red chassis

That’s the same red base with a black backer and a silver backer. The black backer body looks just black on picture but in person, it’s black cherry. 

DE2D1960-F0B2-44E7-99CE-D43738805E69.jpeg

632D57B2-47A8-48A5-A452-07BE8FB0BF4E.jpeg

• Like 3

I like my hotshot in tamiya PS-16 (Avante blue)

img33435_217202025859_1_1100_.jpg

although this does look really nice:

20180603_121342.jpg

• Like 3

I've seen the Hotshot in many different colors over the year.  Honestly, there are very few colors that don't flatter the Hotshot.  It's hard to go wrong.  For me, I had dreamed of the red Hotshot box art every since I was a youngster and couldn't afford one.  When it was my time to get a re-re, it had to be close to the box art.  ;)

On 11/9/2020 at 4:01 AM, nicherotors said:

Well done!! It looks unique!!

I finally get a Hotshot which is my dream R/C since I was a kid but no way I could afford it by that time! May I ask you how to paint these colors by order? Is it like PS-18 PS-53 and PS-41 will be the last? How many coating on each spray?  Sorry I used to be just paint in one color as simple as that is but I wish I can hav a body like this

There isn't one of the above I wouldn't be happy with they all look amazing (credit to everyone above👍) I painted this colour by mistake what was in my head wasn't what it turned out but I liked it better which is a first for me! The super hotshot was the first thing I painted at the time with my new spray gun but I put to much metal flake in the gun and it kept on blocking up!

20180512_172159.jpg

img37842_19072014125841_2.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, dannymulder said:

here is my hotshot in light purple.

IMG_7345.JPG

IMG_7347.JPG

Wow, that looks really nice. Can you tell me what kind of paint that is? To be honest I need the color to paint an Eva 01 model kit I’m doing and that type of color seems to be tough to find!

On 11/8/2020 at 12:51 PM, rwordenjr said:

That’s the same red base with a black backer and a silver backer. The black backer body looks just black on picture but in person, it’s black cherry. 

The black one looks fantastic!! Just wonder where u get the suspension/shocks kit?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RaymondC said:

The black one looks fantastic!! Just wonder where u get the suspension/shocks kit?

Thanks ! And they’re Gmade diaphragm xd shocks. 

7 hours ago, 100mega said:

Wow, that looks really nice. Can you tell me what kind of paint that is? To be honest I need the color to paint an Eva 01 model kit I’m doing and that type of color seems to be tough to find!

It is vallejo paint, I painted it with an airbrush.

downloads.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 11/8/2020 at 8:51 PM, rwordenjr said:

Wow the deep red is amazing 

JJ 

1 hour ago, Problemchild said:

Wow the deep red is amazing 

JJ 

Thanks! Yours looks sweet too! What's your motor?

8 hours ago, Problemchild said:

U6gjZI8.jpg

had to be red silver backed for me 

what a fab chassis to build also 

JJ

Nice job!! The paint from Tamiya? Which silver u were using?