gizard

Blitzer / DT-03T Wheels

Anyone have suggestions for better wheels than above - they seem to get buckled very easily and never seem to be particularly well balanced in the first place.?

7 hours ago, gizard said:

Anyone have suggestions for better wheels than above - they seem to get buckled very easily and never seem to be particularly well balanced in the first place.?

The problem you run into here is the bearing fit fromt wheels. No one else uses them. If you can figure out a front hex conversion (a guy on here did it a while bqck uses Kyosho RB5 front c hubs, knuckles and axles, but i think he deleted it when he left), the Schumacher and Associated both do 12mm hex fit 2.2" stadium truck wheels. 

It's pretty easy to fit other front uprights and hubs so you can use other wheels. I think these are TL01 or something (can't remember) but all it needed was a plastic spacer for the lower arm.

image.thumb.png.97b76919c1cede3e3d5e511b1c2967f3.png

image.thumb.png.179706ed0f914d1eaf6bd0cb09edafdf.png

cool thanks - I will have a think, now that I am putting away the 2WD buggies for winter! I notice those are schumachers on the rear of your Blitzer - what wheels are you using?

1 hour ago, gizard said:

cool thanks - I will have a think, now that I am putting away the 2WD buggies for winter! I notice those are schumachers on the rear of your Blitzer - what wheels are you using?

Schumacher truck tyres fit the Blitzer wheels. I use them on my DT03T. 

21 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Schumacher truck tyres fit the Blitzer wheels. I use them on my DT03T. 

oh I know - I have been using them on both Blitzer and DT-03T- as I think I got the idea from your very useful original thread on the DT-03T -  but I am curios as to what the wheels are.

cheers

G.

to be fair the Front wheels on the Blitzer and DT-03T seem to fair much better than the rears - so maybe all i need is some rears!

On 11/9/2020 at 6:49 AM, ThunderDragonCy said:

(a guy on here did it a while bqck uses Kyosho RB5 front c hubs, knuckles and axles, but i think he deleted it when he left),

I'm still here 😁

It was the guy who I tried it out for, who did the thread ,then left.

Everything pretty much bolts on, but the RB5 isn't as available or cheap as they used to be. My money is on the schuamcher Cougar laydown/KF2 parts fitting, but not had a chance to try it yet, I'll do a thread with part numbers when I get a chance.

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2020 at 7:36 PM, Gruntfuggly said:

It's pretty easy to fit other front uprights and hubs so you can use other wheels. I think these are TL01 or something (can't remember) but all it needed was a plastic spacer for the lower arm.

image.thumb.png.97b76919c1cede3e3d5e511b1c2967f3.png

image.thumb.png.179706ed0f914d1eaf6bd0cb09edafdf.png

Hi Gruntfuggly !

May I know what kind of front tyres you're using please? And the wheels as well ?

Thanks!

I don't know what the wheels are to be honest, I got them with some used tyres. I would guess they might be Kyosho wheels because the hole pattern reminds me a bit of the classic Optima wheels.

The front tyres are from an HPI Rush Evo.