simalarion

Agrios Upgrade

Hi all,

As there was not a complete BB set in my Agrios kit (as i thought it would be) i had to wait with the build and start with the Lexan body wich is now finished, quite happy with the resuult.

I got the BB set today so i am ready to start the build. BB is a cruicial uppgrade ofc but are there others to this kit?, the kit already has oil dampers but plastic ones, i see Tamico has a set with dampers for Agrios - https://tamico.de/navi.php?a=10147&lang=eng they are very expensive but i believe i do not need 8 of those (as Agrios has 8 oil dampers )?. I also heard rumors about the shaft replacment but there is not many places i can find shaft for Agrios (only a few on Ebay), so if it is very fragile i ques i must just go easy on it :)

What motors are you running?

Mine is built stock with steel pinion, bb's and my current favourite Tamiya super stock BZ motors, only an 40mins -ish runtime at the moment but all good, no early issues

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, taffer said:

What motors are you running?

Mine is built stock with steel pinion, bb's and my current favourite Tamiya super stock BZ motors, only an 40mins -ish runtime at the moment but all good, no early issues

I will leave the RC with the motors in the kit, its probably fast enough for me as i would need som practicing driving a Monster truck (last was Blackfoot when i was around 11 years old :) ) . How is the Oil dampers in the kit you think?.

Practical wise they are fine, I'll be keeping mine, a lot of the kit is black Inc shocks and springs, pity it isn't that "showy" 

• Thanks 1

I would upgrade to heavy duty steering rods, the stock ones bend very easily. They are available on ebay. The hop up shocks are more for show, the stock plastic do fine. I did the upgrade but dont notice much of a difference. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rb4276 said:

I would upgrade to heavy duty steering rods, the stock ones bend very easily. They are available on ebay. The hop up shocks are more for show, the stock plastic do fine. I did the upgrade but dont notice much of a difference. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b3043e663f94af9024e006c00682baef.jpegThese ones?

11 minutes ago, simalarion said:

image.thumb.jpeg.b3043e663f94af9024e006c00682baef.jpegThese ones?

Correct they are good quality. As for the driveshafts, there are other options. You can use traxxas revonones but you need to mod it. I use gds racing ones on ebay, but you need to have someone machine it out 1 mm to fit. These so far for me with a castle 3800 combo have had no issues. I have 4 tamiya shafts they I probably should sell. They did last me over a year with the castle so i cant complain. 

• Thanks 1