sturge

Newbie to trucks, need help with transmitter😃

Hi all 😃

Having just started my journey into truck ownership, I’m trying to get my head around how to set up my transmitter, a Spektrum DX6i, and which channels to do what functions on the truck (Knight Hauler)

Im guessing the throttle on the transmitter ( left gimbal)is for forward/ reverse, and the right gimbal is steering, that much I get🤪

But which channel do I use for changing gear and to hook/ unhook the trailer, as on my transmitter I have ailerons and flaps controls and I also want to have a separate control to turn extra lights on and off that I will be adding to the trailer.

Sorry if this sounds very basic to most of you, but I have never used this kind of transmitter before🙂

The truck is running a GT Power mfu if that makes any difference? ( I have heard they are not as good as the tamiya mfu, but it’s what came fitted to the truck)

Any help and advice is much appreciated 

Cheers

Paul👍🏼

only could find the vids for the MFC unit

i tried to find info for the GT......... Zilch!

@ACCEL thanks for looking buddy 👍🏼

I guess it will have to be trial and error setting up my transmitter with the GT Power mfu. 

cheers

Paul

• Like 1

Hey @sturge, I’m in the process of building a Knight Hauler myself and opted for the GT Power (MFU), mainly because they are LiPo compatible and can be controlled with a Pistol type Transmitter, where as the Tamiya MFU you have to use a Stick Transmitter.

I watched a few YT vids on setting up a Stick Transmitter and decided it just wasn’t for me, as you can program the Sticks in different modes to do different things. I didn’t want to have to re-learn operations just for driving around the house once in a while.

Anyway (I’m no expert by the way!!) I’ve bench tested my Flysky GT5 with the GT power and was very easy to set up following the instructions where to plug everything in.

I then downloaded the GT power app on my phone to connect them via Bluetooth, you can then program how you want it with your phone.

With the Stick Tx like I believe you have to change gear you would push the throttle stick to the left and up for 1st gear, centre and up for 2nd gear and over to the right and up for 3rd gear.

One other thing I found with the GT Power unit is that the GREEN motor wire from it is Positive, where as the GREEN wire on the Tamiya motor is the Negative.

Other than that all seems fine so far.

• Like 1

@Re-Bugged 

Thanks for that advice buddy 👍🏼  Yes I have watched that video, it does seem fairly straightforward. I have a stick type transmitter, a Spektrum DX6i, so will have to do as you suggested for gear changes. 

What did you search for to find the GT app? I don’t have the box or instructions to scan a QR code or anything like that 😕

Just hope I can know get my transmitter to control everything the way the mfu is already set up 🤞🏼

Thanks for the tips buddy 👍🏼
Cheers

Paul

@Re-Bugged

Thanks again fella, that works a treat 👍🏼

@topforcein

Thanks for that link buddy, I will have a look through those videos and see what I can learn from them😃

cheers

Paul

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2020 at 11:19 PM, Re-Bugged said:

(I’m no expert by the way!!)

The MFU Borg assimilator keeps me from so:lol:

great job RE! finding out about all that stuff about the GT Power please post more about it, because once mine ever fails the MFU can MFO and it won't ever be missed.

• Like 1