Jump to content
Wetman

Mk2 escort

Recommended Posts

Mine from Time Tunnel arrived today.  :)

20210204_140235.thumb.jpg.7adbebaaafc36b27a37eb6872a267366.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The body is really nice and the window tint isn't as heavy looking as the box-art depicts.

20210204_140503.thumb.jpg.7f94899c5be74cb8368ef4fb630ff033.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a quick look at the online manual and it says to paint the wheels! 

What size are they! M-chassis? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, svenb said:

Just had a quick look at the online manual and it says to paint the wheels! 

What size are they! M-chassis? 

The wheels are blue already, and yes they are M-chassis size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, svenb said:

Just had a quick look at the online manual and it says to paint the wheels! 

 

5 hours ago, IoWBasher said:

The wheels are blue already

If you are looking for realism, you should paint them whether they are already blue or not - the real car's wheels aren't made of blue plastic! (plastic has a different look to a painted finish)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, rich_f said:

 

If you are looking for realism, you should paint them whether they are already blue or not - the real car's wheels aren't made me blue plastic! (plastic has a different look to a painted finish)

True but having partly made the 1/24 scale Italeri version its a difficult colour to get right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea what the part number for wheels is? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well for the first time ever (for me) in a Tamiya kit there was a mistake with the parts, on step 20 (attaching the lower rear arms) I only had one 46mm screw pin, however there were 3 dogbones.

Luckily I've spare screw pins so no drama, and I now have an extra spare dogbone !

Anyone else had this ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While waiting for a bearing kit to come in the post I thought I'd get started on the body. And I have to say I'm not enjoying it. :lol:

There is still plenty of cutting away of the body that needs to be done and trimming the rear bumper area to shape is bit of a pain. And 5 seperate decal pieces just for the grille assembly. :wacko:

Just as well this is going to be a runner as the decals definitely won't be perfect. Air bubbles aplenty in the headlamp decals. :ph34r:

Good practice for the bodysets I have on pre-order, I guess. :rolleyes:

20210206_171355.thumb.jpg.7eade9689156bfdbb4d4e6ebe78cc214.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It needs ampro or someone similar to 3d print a hard grill and lenses

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, taffer said:

It needs ampro or someone similar to 3d print a hard grill and lenses

Definitely. Why they couldn't have just done something similar to what they did with the Lancia Delta body is a mystery to me.

Just been browsing some youtube build vids and noticed other people grumbling at the grille decals so I'm glad it's not just me. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Definitely. Why they couldn't have just done something similar to what they did with the Lancia Delta body is a mystery to me.

Just been browsing some youtube build vids and noticed other people grumbling at the grille decals so I'm glad it's not just me. :)

On a sidenote, shouldn’t your showroom have some photoes of how you store all your kits, buggies, cars etc? In my mind you live in a warehouse sort of space with endless rows of shelves upon shelves.
I appreciate the difficulty of sourcing the necessary crane to hoist you 60 metres so you can fit them all in one shot, but still. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

On a sidenote, shouldn’t your showroom have some photoes of how you store all your kits, buggies, cars etc? In my mind you live in a warehouse sort of space with endless rows of shelves upon shelves.
I appreciate the difficulty of sourcing the necessary crane to hoist you 60 metres so you can fit them all in one shot, but still. 

Lol. Nah, they are all in the loft. Anything built that is not on display is kept in sealed containers. But I dont have enough shelf space to display all of my stuff at the same time so have a rotation of displayed models.

To be honest I havent really updated my showroom properly for a couple of years as I have gotten lazy.. In that time I have still been buying quite a bit of stuff too so I need to bring it all up to date.

My collection is still very paltry though compared to a lot of other people's on this club. :ph34r:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any ideas on light buckets? 
 

mine arrived from jadlam but it was delivered to work and ive not been in to collect it yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there is a 1/10th scale Ford Escort on thingiverse, will see how it compares with the Tamiya body and if the grill can be made to fit. Although making a new one shouldn't be too hard  It also has some bumpers and dash that might be useful.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2914461

2020_03_31_paint-1.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wandy said:

While waiting for a bearing kit to come in the post I thought I'd get started on the body. And I have to say I'm not enjoying it. :lol:

There is still plenty of cutting away of the body that needs to be done and trimming the rear bumper area to shape is bit of a pain. And 5 seperate decal pieces just for the grille assembly. :wacko:

Just as well this is going to be a runner as the decals definitely won't be perfect. Air bubbles aplenty in the headlamp decals. :ph34r:

Good practice for the bodysets I have on pre-order, I guess. :rolleyes:

20210206_171355.thumb.jpg.7eade9689156bfdbb4d4e6ebe78cc214.jpg

I found that using a blade point to put a pin hole in the decal helps with air bubbles, it certainly did on the subaru i did that had big stickers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Wandy said:

Lol. Nah, they are all in the loft. Anything built that is not on display is kept in sealed containers. But I dont have enough shelf space to display all of my stuff at the same time so have a rotation of displayed models.

To be honest I havent really updated my showroom properly for a couple of years as I have gotten lazy.. In that time I have still been buying quite a bit of stuff too so I need to bring it all up to date.

My collection is still very paltry though compared to a lot of other people's on this club. :ph34r:

I'll be keeping an eye on your showroom in hopes that you start working on that backlog :) Documenting the rotation of models on display sounds like a perfect activity for a lazy Sunday if you ask me :D 

+ yes, one can always find solace in the fact that there's always someone who has a ton more. I still remember the first time I stumbled across the "nib city" or "sealed city" collection, took about a forthnight to pick my jaw up from the floor. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A set of Mexico decals would sell well for this, its got the correct grill 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, svenb said:

A set of Mexico decals would sell well for this, its got the correct grill 👍

That's what I am hoping for too. I want to make a copy of this diecast model but with the Mexico decals added on. Need to find a good match for the orange colour too of course.

20201107_102612.thumb.jpg.0aa3de6281378ed9d61d53d9dfd7944a.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely need someone to do a decal update for the standard livery, to match Aussie team Greg Carr / Fred Gocentas in the 1979 RAC...

Greg-Carr-Burmah-RAC-4.jpg.3855bb006a621408082a1f027d69e08f.jpg

 

Of course, a better job would be their 1978 Burmah Rally livery..... but a bit more work!

Burmah1.jpg.1e590b5b64e3f9fef5b8e4eb7dcedf07.jpg

 

Still, would work with the white base colour.... B)

Alex

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Incredible_Serious said:

Definitely need someone to do a decal update for the standard livery, to match Aussie team Greg Carr / Fred Gocentas in the 1979 RAC...

Of course, a better job would be their 1978 Burmah Rally livery..... but a bit more work!

Still, would work with the white base colour.... B)

Alex

 

@yogi-bear I'm looking at you here... you're my go-to decal guy....  :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Incredible_Serious said:

@yogi-bear I'm looking at you here... you're my go-to decal guy....  :lol:

funny you should say that, Im in the process of getting a new wide format printer. It will mean I can print onto clear a lot better too, and I'm targeting one that does a much better print and cut on small stickers

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...