Saito2

Losi LMT Monster Truck

I'm personally a big fan of JConcepts bodies.  Unfortunately both Proline and JConcepts have had stock problems in the UK since the start of the pandemic, but DMS Racing always seem to have stock.

https://www.dms-racing.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=71&Itemid=&filter_product=&keyword=&virtuemart_manufacturer_id=101

IIRC Wheelspin are also a JConcepts stockist but not sure what their stock level looks like right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matt_G40 said:

Does anyone have any good recommendations for body shells for the LMT (without cage) that are available in the UK? I'm struggling to find any in stock.

Are you able to get JConcpepts bodies over there?  Any of their MT bodies with a 13" wheelbase will work, as will crawler bodies with 12.3" wheelbase (just need to cheat the wheel arch cuts like I did on my Bigfoot LMT above).  

Yea I've looked at the JConcepts bodies however all UK supplies are just out of stock and give no ETA when I ask about it. Bit of a shame really. Was hoping maybe someone else who's got an LMT in the UK might have some ideas. 

Doesn't look like JConcepts have UK based stock :(

Oh, that's too bad.  I'm pretty sure if you order from them direct them will ship overseas, but cost might be high.  Worth getting in touch with them to check.  I'm un the US and frequently buy RC parts from the UK and shipping is always reasonable and quick, should be similar going the other way.  

How about Proline as @Mad Ax said?  The 72 Chevy C10 Long Bed would probably do well on an LMT, as would the 1980 Silverado.  

I would reiterate, DMS Racing do have some JConcepts stuff in stock.  Not all, but some.  If they don't have what you're looking for it's worth messaging them as they get stock in all year (I have a habit of constantly checking their JConcepts stock as I'm always inspired to build more monster trucks :p )

I have just (literally just) ordered a '79 Ford supercab so I can start my Clod refurb soon ;)

• Like 1

Trigger Kings are running an LMT spec class.  They don't look quite as planted as heavily-modded Clods, there's a fair bit of bounce and they're missing the ramps a bit, but they look to be fun and robust - no fear sending them off the ramps.  Will look forward to seeing how many LMT components make it into pro mod.

• Like 1