Juhunio

49400 30th Anniversary 934 RSR Rebuild

The thread, it liiiiiiives!

Bodywork update....I couldn't live with the original shell, that blue was just too dark. I painted it in PS-3, 'Light Blue' apparently. Just not light enough, when what I was aiming at was something more like these classic 917s, and the more modern take on the same theme.... 

spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png

These are all also a lesson in 'less is more' when it comes to stickers, where my original effort was like a sponsor canon had unloaded all over a 934. That had been painted the wrong blue.

Sooooo....a do-over, this time using PS-32. Corsa grey, which in my eyes is pale blue

spacer.png

spacer.png 

spacer.png

A more minimal approach to stickering definitely wins out. I also had my first crack at panel lines, using Kyosho micron tape. It's pretty cool stuff, surprisingly malleable into curves and straight lines and excellently sticky. The old eyes found it a bit of struggle, but the results are definitely worth the effort 

spacer.png

And, just a wee reminder of the beauty of the chassis itself. All that gorgeous blue and carbon...sigh 

spacer.png spacer.png

• Like 8

Much better color for that gulf body. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic work as usual, but to be honest I'm not feeling the 'stance' (ride height), or the all black wheels. Something about those two things is keeping it from being perfect, in my humble and mostly irrelevent opion at least :lol:

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Fantastic work as usual, but to be honest I'm not feeling the 'stance' (ride height), or the all black wheels. Something about those two things is keeping it from being perfect, in my humble and mostly irrelevent opion at least :lol:

I think it's the wheel size, they look far too big for the car imo. Maybe M chassis size would be more realistic. Love the body though 👍.

James.

• Like 3

Blimey, just noticed my last post on this thread :(. Cheers indeed, Shodog

I finally got around to adding the Milky Blue springs to the 49400, they're a great match for the shell. Just need a set of the stabilisers to appear now...

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5