Juhunio

49400 30th Anniversary 934 RSR Rebuild

Then it's servo time, and time to unite that Savox black edition with the HT servo saver and all that servo bling

spacer.png

The manual asks the servo horn to be attached at a 10deg angle off-centre with the servo centred. I didn't quite go as far as getting my protractor out, but reckon it's close enough

spacer.png

And it's in, screwed down using the blue aluminium servo mounts that came with it

spacer.png

• Like 6

Getting near the end now :(

Next step was to install the battery supports, made up of six different parts from the J Tree.

spacer.png

The four L/R parts look identical but have different part numbers in pairs, but a test fit helped identify which pair was which.

Again, I find it amazing the precision of the design engineering, particularly the two J4 parts which fit over the battery struts cut into the chassis and then slide into the centre of the chassis, just (JUST) stopping outside the drive belt. Everything is so snug, and just so

spacer.png

• Like 1

Then on with the final hop up that came with the kit, the blue carbon fibre battery plate (49427)

spacer.png

It comes complete with two blue aluminium mount screws that replace the kit parts (9805886) for a nice little finishing touch

spacer.png

I added a bit of sponge tape to the bottom of the battery plate for a bit of a soft cushion between it and the battery

spacer.png

• Like 2

And that, sadly, is the chassis build done. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just need to set up the ESC, add the tyre foams and glue the tyres on and it'll be ready for a test run!

Once it stops raining....

• Like 6

On 11/27/2020 at 1:39 AM, mtbkym01 said:

Orange on the shelf, Black on the tarmac? 

Yeah, I think that's the conclusion I've come to as well. Why choose :lol:??

On 11/27/2020 at 1:39 AM, mtbkym01 said:

Both look great, whole thing looks great, inspiring me to crack my 84431 out, Don't have a Porsche on my shelf yet

Definitely do it, I loved building that one too, especially the opportunity to work on a few modifications and try out some new tools :)

But despite the title of that thread, it ain't 'baby blue' any more....

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

And here are a couple of it alongside its TA-02SW JPS stable mate

spacer.png

• Like 4

And a side-by-side chassis comparison, which if nothing else shows how effective that wheelbase mod is on the TA02SW

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

Nice work, there are (2) cars I regret not purchasing and there are slim to no chances of them coming back. This and the TXT-1. Well done , very nice 934. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/17/2020 at 10:13 AM, Juhunio said:

Wheels, I'm....undecided. Definitely going to be 26mm rather than the kit 24, and it's then all about getting the offset right.

I LOVE these HPI rims, and they will suit the livery down to the ground, but they're only available in 6 or 9mm offset and I'm pretty sure I'm going to need 3mm for the front :(

spacer.png

So as a back up I have a couple of sets of cheap generic rims from the Far East which match the original kit design, either in gold or (my probable preference) black

spacer.png

Any chance you can share where the rims are from please, I'm looking for some runners for 911 GT1 and really struggling to find anything half decent looking with the required offset, which I think is 6mm rear and 2mm front.

Did you end up having to get a few sets to get the different offsets, I've seen the proper GT1 wheels on ebay but just want a cheap set for when we run the car.

Thanks Nick

12 hours ago, Nwc100 said:

Any chance you can share where the rims are from please, I'm looking for some runners for 911 GT1 and really struggling to find anything half decent looking with the required offset, which I think is 6mm rear and 2mm front.

Did you end up having to get a few sets to get the different offsets, I've seen the proper GT1 wheels on ebay but just want a cheap set for when we run the car.

Thanks Nick

Hi Nick

I got them from a couple of different eBay sellers

These are the black / black ones. The seller does them in 3/6/9mm offset in packs of 4. I ended up buying all three, and while 6/9 are perfect for the shelf I think I will run it with 3/6 for a little extra clearance. They also do them in chrome / black, chrome / gold and white / white

I bought the chrome / gold ones from here though, simply because they offer mixed packs of pairs so it works out a bit more cost effective to get the three pairs you need to try it all out

Hope that helps!

Cheers, Matt 

@Juhunio Thanks very much for the links, I'll take a look later tonight, I've been looking for some mixed sets as buying another one so I don't waste a set of wheels seems pretty frivolous!

Great looking car and build by the way, seriously impressed!

Nick

• Thanks 1

Still tinkering about with this one through the long dark winter months.

Tinkering is probably the wrong word. Spending would be a better one. Over-killing might be another

Latest editions are CF bumper holder and front and rear braces. Just because...

spacer.png

I also upgraded the steering linkages to hard turnbuckles

spacer.png

spacer.png

And some luminous orange body clips which I'm well happy with 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Matt..... That turned out SO nice!! 👏👏👏👏👏 

I mentioned it earlier that I really like the Blue.... But OMG! The John Player Special livery is AMAZING! Never saw a Porsche done like that. First serious Model I ever built was the JPS Lotus F1 Car in 1/12. HIGHLY detailed Tamiya Static Model from the 1970's. I just love the Black and Gold.

• Thanks 1