Trowa Jakuard

Scratch-built Frog Project

Hi Everyone! I just finished a scratch-built Frog and am looking for input on what I should do for modifications. I currently have the 49T x 19T gears in it, a Redback rear sway bar on it, and some LED fitted pod lights. It also has a GoolRC 4370KV motor and a 120W ESC on 2S Lipo. I have a front sway bar on the way and would like to ask everyone for what they would like to see me do to it. :)

26 minutes ago, Trowa Jakuard said:

I saw that it says it's for the Blackfoot monster beetle. will it work in the frog?

You'll need the Blackfoot/Monster Beetle counter gear.  You'll need the pinion gear too unless you have an aftermarket adjustable motor mount.

From what I have read, I gather you can use the CV joints or the dogbones. Some sources even go as far as to say that the dogbones work better. The boots are part of the look I think, and work with either option.

6 hours ago, Trowa Jakuard said:

Ok. it keeps getting flipped no matter what I do.

Perhaps it’s a tree frog..

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Lee76 said:

Perhaps it’s a tree frog..

Ok, that's a **** good pun. The MIP Ball diff will be in tomorrow. I'm hoping the front sway bar will be here saturday. Is there anything Else you guys would suggest?

I used to have 50520s on the rear of my Frog but I switched them out for 50519s so the Jumper would ride lower. Still using 59519s in the front but I think I’ll switch to something shorter.  Not sure yet...