Price_of_cider

Suggestions for brushless kit - Falcon

Hi all,

after the remarkably successful brushless conversion of the midnight pumpkin QD, I’ve decided to go brushless with the falcon too.

im hoping that there is a motor/esc kit that will drop straight in where I don’t need to change anything else on the car....

any suggestions?

thanking you

All 540 motors will fit without any hassle. However I wouldn't go more than 17.5t really as while the Falcon gearbox is pretty robust, the dogbones and fragile uprights/front wishbones might quickly become dust! I like speed passion motors, Novak and the generic ebay bluebottle motors.

ESC's are also likely a pretty easy fit, most will fit on the MSC mount with a bit of double sided foam. I actually rate the TBLE-02s ESC pretty well as a sensored only brushless controller. I made a mount that fits where the MSC servo goes, hear you can see it in place on my Falcon

PzvK2gE.jpg?1

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4350665

• Like 3

I agree - a TBLE-02 and 17.5t Bluebottle would be a nice fit for the Falcon, noticeably quicker than a silver can but not so wild as to instantly grenade the chassis or drivetrain.

• Like 1

I just built my second Falcon with a brushless setup.  I've become a fan of Reedy motors / ESCs and Team Associated electronics.  I'm using a Reedy 540-SL4 motor with an SC600 ESC.  I think they actually sell this combination with the DR10 dragster...I run my Falcon on level ground, so speed for me is more fun than anything else.  For the electronics, I'm using a TA XP130 with an XP-R4 receiver with integrated DVC gyro.  Set to low gain on the DVC, this thing runs like an absolute dream...

A Hobbywing Quicrun 10BL60 and a 17.5 with the biggest pinion that'll fit would probably be the Goldilocks combo.

My 2p

For something that's budget, doesn't pack enormous punch, but gets the job done, is the 9t Skyrc Leopard v2 is a nice combo, usually comes with a programme card too.

What ever you use, bearings and a hardened pinion need to be on the list.

Just get a goolRC combo 

£30ish

reliable 

turnkey solution 

not so powerful you’ll rip the Falcon apart 

JJ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Problemchild said:

reliable

If you get a good one, quality control isn't great....

(Although, not heard any faults for a while..)

5 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

If you get a good one, quality control isn't great....

(Although, not heard any faults for a while..)

Not had any issues with mine 

JJ

• Like 1