Ministrone

New Fighter Buggy RX Memorial & Plasma Edge II Iridescent

I’ve just spotted these new releases on Tamiya blog.

I this the black Fighter Buggy RX looks quite smart.

36042378-00A5-4A5B-962C-69886B337B8B.png

B211ED3E-921B-4F82-94DA-D16A4B9655DF.png

• Like 6

They are pictured as CVA 2's so they are oil shocks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tamiya really don't like "gravel hound"

This could of been a gravel hound 2???

• Like 1

I’ve not seen silver (grey) CVAs before, except on the comical Avante. A good upgrade from the original though.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sosidge said:

Anyone know why they've chosen the name "Memorial"?

Perhaps it marks the death of original ideas? :blink::D

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

20 minutes ago, Ministrone said:

😂 I would have thought it might be a nod to the model helping start the Tamiya cup (?).

Memorial can be interpreted happy or sad.....I'm sure it was meant as a happy celebration.....why use the term now though is odd

2 hours ago, Ministrone said:

This gave me quite a laugh. Thanks! You know what they say, its funny 'cause its true.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sosidge said:

Anyone know why they've chosen the name "Memorial"?

If it being announced this late in 2020, it will probably become available in 2021, which would make it 25 years after the original hit the shelves. Does the number 25 have any special significance perhaps?

Irrespective of what it is commemorating, I think it looks mighty fine in black and gold. Not sure if I can justify adding a third DT-01 to the fleet, but if I do, this will be the one!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tamiya3speed said:

Not gonna lie, i like the looks of that Fighter Buggy!

Yes! I'm getting one strictly for looks!  Although it's probably the most advanced,  production, solid axle RC buggy ever made (although that's not saying much!)  I have a couple of Mad Fighters that I loan to my friends' kids and they always come back in one piece!   Also, is this the first time this chassis didn't come with the friction shocks?

7 hours ago, taffer said:

Hopefull the price of the Rx will be under £100!

Probably $130. Similar to the super storm dragon 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

If it being announced this late in 2020, it will probably become available in 2021, which would make it 25 years after the original hit the shelves. Does the number 25 have any special significance perhaps?

Irrespective of what it is commemorating, I think it looks mighty fine in black and gold. Not sure if I can justify adding a third DT-01 to the fleet, but if I do, this will be the one!

How is the dt01?

I have to admit I like the Fighter Buggy RX Memorial.. and would purchase one when they become available.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

How is the dt01?

As the pinnacle of Tamiya's development of the MOA buggy, it handles better than a Grasshopper, Hornet, Grasshopper ll or Super Hornet. The extreme angle of the rear shocks allows the rear suspension to work remarkably well despite the large unsprung mass of the motor/axle pod, and a central pod pivot means that the front of the pod doesn't move up and down like the one on the Hornet for example, so you don't need a 3rd/5th shock mod or an AmPro brace. 

It is also extremely rugged, with several different types of plastic used in different areas, including a resilient, almost rubbery variety for the most vulnerable bits. It forms the basis of the almost indestructible Mad Bull for example. The steering pushrod is the only area in which it falls down, and this is readily fixed with a pair of ball connectors or a bit of heatshrink tubing.

It is still a basic design, out-handled by even the most base-spec double-wishbone buggy, but as a worry-free basher, kid's first car or something to loan out to novice drivers, it has a lot going for it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

As the pinnacle of Tamiya's development of the MOA buggy, it handles better than a Grasshopper, Hornet, Grasshopper ll or Super Hornet, as well as being extremely rugged. It forms the basis of the almost indestructible Mad Bull for example. The steering pushrod is the only area in which it falls down, and this is readily fixed with a pair of ball connectors or a bit of heatshrink tubing. It is still a basic design, out-handled by even the most base-spec double-wishbone buggy, but as a worry-free basher, kid's first car or something to loan it to novice drivers it has a lot going for it. 

I want ! Thinking the price will be around $130

16 hours ago, taffer said:

Tamiya really don't like "gravel hound"

This could of been a gravel hound 2???

Forgive me for not knowing but what is the difference between the gravel hound and the plasma edge? 

14 minutes ago, moffman said:

Forgive me for not knowing but what is the difference between the gravel hound and the plasma edge? 

Stickers, nothing more.

40 minutes ago, moffman said:

The stickers and the body colour!

@moffman

12 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Does this look as though it says "Since 19??" to anyone else?

Screenshot 2020-11-17 110101.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taffer said:

The stickers and the body colour!

@moffman

Well, both kits come with transparent polycarbonate bodies, but yes, if you do them box-art, the body colour would be different too.

• Like 1