Ministrone

New Fighter Buggy RX Memorial & Plasma Edge II Iridescent

49 minutes ago, Ministrone said:

Does this look as though it says "Since 19??" to anyone else?

Screenshot 2020-11-17 110101.jpg

Well spotted! 1996 would make sense as that is when the original came out.

• Like 1

So the fighter buggy rx was my first actual Tamiya that I owned as a 14 year old. So I was quite excited when they said a re release. Was momentarily disappointed when I saw the black body but moments later was very happy with the looks. 

I already have a nib original so why do i need a identical re release. Now I get to have 2!!

19 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

As the pinnacle of Tamiya's development of the MOA buggy, it handles better than a Grasshopper, Hornet, Grasshopper ll or Super Hornet. The extreme angle of the rear shocks allows the rear suspension to work remarkably well despite the large unsprung mass of the motor/ axle pod, and a central pod pivot means that the front of the pod doesn't move up and down like the one on the Hornet for example, so you don't need a 3rd/5th shock mod or an AmPro brace. 

It is also extremely rugged, with several different types of plastic used in different areas, including a resilient, almost rubbery grease for the most vulnerable bits. It forms the basis of the almost indestructible Mad Bull for example. The steering pushrod is the only area in which it falls down, and this is readily fixed with a pair of ball connectors or a bit of heatshrink tubing.

It is still a basic design, out-handled by even the most base-spec double-wishbone buggy, but as a worry-free basher, kid's first car or something to loan out to novice drivers, it has a lot going for it. 

MOA??

31 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Motor On Axle

Thanks, another must know  Tamiya acronym like ORV and SRB (not 100% on what those mean either)

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, manny said:

Thanks, another must know  Tamiya acronym like ORV and SRB (not 100% on what those mean either)

ORV = Off Road Vehicle

SRB = Special Racing Buggy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, manny said:

I'm with you on this one!! Or at least I was until now. After @TurnipJF's enlightenment on the three acronyms I feel much better :ph34r: been wondering what they meant forever, but was too lazy to look it up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/16/2020 at 10:47 AM, taffer said:

Hopefull the price of the Rx will be under £100!

I certainly hope so!! Despite CVAs, even if it actually has them, a DT01/02 is NOT worth more than that.... 

Although as mentioned, it's the pinnacle of the Basher/Thrasher Buggies. AND, I believe that AmPro Engineering makes a Double Wishbone Kit for the front of one of those. 

Frankly - I'd get TWO. 😁  One of those I would get Gold Monster Beetle Wheels... And make a "fancy" Mad Bull!! 😉👍👍  I was looking for a cheap thrill Buggy for next year... This absolutely fills the bill. 

6 minutes ago, Carmine A said:

I certainly hope so!! Despite CVAs, even if it actually has them, a DT01/02 is NOT worth more than that.... 

Although as mentioned, it's the pinnacle of the Basher/Thrasher Buggies. AND, I believe that AmPro Engineering makes a Double Wishbone Kit for the front of one of those. 

Frankly - I'd get TWO. 😁  One of those I would get Gold Monster Beetle Wheels... And make a "fancy" Mad Bull!! 😉👍👍  I was looking for a cheap thrill Buggy for next year... This absolutely fills the bill. 

Price is out, it’s £130+

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rwordenjr said:

Price is out, it’s £130+

UGH!!! That's about $165. 😖  And probably PLASTIC Bushings, I'm sure.

Now I'll have to think about it.

28 minutes ago, Carmine A said:

UGH!!! That's about $165. 😖  And probably PLASTIC Bushings, I'm sure.

Now I'll have to think about it.

You in USA ? Me too. Steep for what it is 

• Sad 1