nowinaminute

Fighter Buggy RX Memorial DT-01 47460

Sort of a re-release and special edition at the same time. Black body, gold rims, CVA dampers.

Not the greatest chassis of course but an interesting attempt to make the Grasshopper style design work. I think it looks pretty good in black!

Tamiya-47460-Fighter-Buggy-RX-Memorial-DT-01.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Sort of a re-release and special edition at the same time. Black body, gold rims, CVA dampers.

Not the greatest chassis of course but an interesting attempt to make the Grasshopper style design work. I think it looks pretty good in black!

Tamiya-47460-Fighter-Buggy-RX-Memorial-DT-01.jpg

Nice.  I might have to get one

Who or what event is being commemorated?    I mean, a "memorial" generally means it's a tribute to something, like an event, or someone.

Did a long-time Tamiya designer die this year?  Perhaps the designer of the DT-01 chassis?

I wish we could see a higher quality picture to see the date and the text on the rear window pillar.

Anyone in Japan know?

In the other thread, I referenced the Japan cup/fighters cup? Didn't that start with this buggies launch? 

• Like 1

I like this 

tried to pick up a violet racer last year but RCJAZ just couldn’t get hold of one 

seems expensive for a dt-01 chassis though

JJ

• Like 1

I got to rc with this car.

and I am definitely buying this Re-

there were multiple versions

like the rabbit something

fighter buggy rx

mad fighter

mad bull...

• Like 1

I have a rookie rabbit, with oil shocks and a punchy motor it actually drives pretty well

The second Tamiya I bought was the FBRX. An easy chassis to refurbish, and with cvs dampers it’s not a bad little buggy for small spaces. It was my first attempt at body repairs too, the hard body isn’t the best solution for a buggy, especially the rear wing section. 

it actually looks quite nice in the black n gold, would make a JPSpecial version an easy build

Sorry for the thread revival, I got one of these for my birthday but had decided to make a kind of mad bull/ fighter buggy hybrid.  I was quite happy with the results.

rx.jpg

• Like 5

I wanted one of these just for the different steering servo position and linkage.  But I caught the Tamiya bug too late.