Sign in to follow this  
AQUABATH

SANWA MTS

Help required ! Anyone using Sanwa MTS controller? If so I need some guidance on how to make spotlights switch on/off through one of the spare switches, I have tried every option, and unless I have a dicky switch "which was an ebay purchase" I'm getting nowhere. Thank you

20 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

@Nicadraus do you use the MTS or MT44? Should be similar right? I have never used those extra switches on mine...

I'm using MT-44. On my MST CFX, I installed full lighting kits and two light switches. Controlled via aux 3 & 4. 

I use the entry level Sanwa MX-V. It took me some time to realise you have to use a switch between transmitter third channel and lights. After adding the switch it works without problems. I bought my switches from Hobbyking.

@AQUABATH are you using one of those receiver switches that plugs in between the receiver and the light unit?  I've had a couple of those which have plain not worked.  I had one which worked for a while then stopped, I had one which can't make its mind up if it should be on or off.  For a while with the switch in the Up position the lights were on and Down they were off, then randomly the sequence would reverse (while I was driving along, believe it or not), then eventually it stopped working altogether - after about 3 uses.

If I remember correctly, the "off" position should be configured to the "centre" position on the channel and "on" to either full forward or full back - so try setting your switch up so it transmits a centre position when off and 100% deflection when on.

Alternatively, hook it up to your steering channel and turn the wheel to see if this has any effect on the lights - you might find the spot in the range where it goes from off to on and back off again, then you can try to set up your switch in that general area.