Hi Guys.... 

Some of you know that I've been in the Hospital for 14 days, quarantined, waiting for test results because I've had a fever near 106, and could barely breathe. Scared the CRAP out of us.

THE COVID TEST WAS NEGATIVE!!! ✌👌😊  Turns out to be acute Tonsillitis. Still dangerous at my age.... But I will see 57!  It's funny... Just 18 months ago, I would have been diagnosed much sooner, without the evil quarantine!! What a Mad World this has become. I guess though I can qualify this as a Miracle. 😉

I thought my friends here should know. 😉 

Now I just have a more pedestrian problem to deal with. Now that my Wife has used what little money we had, disinfecting the apartment and car, we've got NOTHING for Xmas presents for the Kids and my Grandbabies. I guess that falls under white person problems. 

• Like 10

Glad to hear you are doing well Carmine!!! Hope you are well enough to take part in the next round of postal racing, fingers crossed for a speedy recovery! :)

I must confess to being a covid denier - not that I don't believe there is a nasty virus out there, I'm sure there is,  but rather that the PCR tests are not being used properly and are grossly inaccurate so that most of the positive tests are false. The developer of the PCR test even confirms this and has stated that anything over 30 cycles will result in grossly inaccurate results and ideally it should not be used with more than 25 cycles. The UK government is implementing the tests on 40+ cycles knowing that it is virtually worthless at that level. Even the Lancet confirmed that 50% of the positive tests on the first wave were false so the infected and death stats are inflated by at least double. After doing a lot of research on this I am now of the belief that governments are pushing on with mass testing using a flawed test deliberately to record high false positive rates simply to 'support' their crippling lockdown policies and to avoid looking like complete idiots that have destroyed their economies and put millions out of work based on junk modelling data that they should have ignored.

From what I understand this virus is no worse than flu, kills no more than flu and the average age of death is 82 in the UK, actually higher than the normal life expectancy. The estimated excess deaths for the year is now forecast to be no more than 2017/18 when 50K people died of flu and we didn't have lockdowns, mandatory mask wearing or destroying our economy, The actual number of people dying directly from covid is approx 500 YTD, so in context just 1/40th the number that routinely die of flu each year.

Sorry if that offends anybody but FYI I'm self employed, have received zero government aid this year, have lost a couple of my contracts due to businesses cutting back and may well be totally without income from December. My kids have missed 6 months of their education and may well be paying higher taxes for decades to come to make up for the decisions made by Comrade Boris as he tries to implement some form of communism on the UK......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks guys!!!! Actually I started out with two false negatives and two false positives!!!! 😖  That WOULD make someone skeptical.... 

I'm glad now that I held out for a definitive test, even if it took 5 days to culture. I'll be the first to say - those quick COVID tests are CRAP!! 

Now onto my other pressing issue.....

• Like 2

So glad to hear you're OK @Carmine A, I had been worried since reading your update in the other thread.

I had tonsillitis a lot in my early school years and missed a lot of education because of it, it can be nasty but at least I had an excuse to eat nothing but ice cream and yoghurt for a week each time, which is important when you're 8 years old.

Rest up and get well, try not to stress about not having any money for presents right now, hopefully the family will understand and maybe you can treat them all to something nicer than a few boxes when the summer comes and maybe we get a reprieve from all the lockdowns and restrictions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear you're on the mend Carmine, and hope that continues. Having suffered acute tonsillitis myself many moons ago, I would not wish that on anyone. But it probably did weirdly come as a bit of a relief considering the current real-world alternatives?

These are strange times, and it feels like things are getting harder every week. Everyone's patience is being tested, our reserves of good will and good manners stretched, our financial resources and comfort undermined, our families and friendships kept at a distance at a time when we need them closer than ever. Whatever communities we are part of, be they real world or online, are vital to keep as all going and keep the collective chin up.

So let's try to be gentle with each other, and stay positive and kind. 

Get well soon Carmine :)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

Rest up and get well, try not to stress about not having any money for presents right now, hopefully the family will understand and maybe you can treat them all to something nicer than a few boxes when the summer comes and maybe we get a reprieve from all the lockdowns and restrictions.

100% this. My family and friends have put a moratorium on Xmas gifts this year; our sole focus is staying as safe as possible so we can hopefully get to see each other over the festive period. That seems like the only gift any of us want or need right now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Carmine A said:

Thanks guys!!!! Actually I started out with two false negatives and two false positives!!!! 😖  That WOULD make someone skeptical.... 

I'm glad now that I held out for a definitive test, even if it took 5 days to culture. I'll be the first to say - those quick COVID tests are CRAP!! 

Now onto my other pressing issue.....

Glad you’re on the mend! 

Doesn’t a false negative mean you were actually positive? This happened twice?... Which tests did you do? I’ve had to do the Antigen one twice, it’s not pleasant. The second was an ‘unconfirmed’ which means anything from you might have it to they dropped it on the floor :) so regardless of the result I had to self isolate, the window for getting a test is 5 days from start of symptoms for antigen, which were all that were available at the time and by the time I got the unconfirmed it was past the point of being able to get a re-test. Being in the US, did these cost you anything to take? I’ve heard mixed reports from American colleagues from $500 even with decent insurance to $3000!!!

I can empathise with the Christmas present thing, having absolutely nothing sorted.. trouble is I have absolutely no excuse.. I’m always rubbish at this...

• Thanks 1

mad4fun, TOTALLY  agree with all you said. I to am a "denier" , well more of a " blown out of proportion my media" and I have worked in the media for 30 years.

I will believe its bad when people drop in the streets,hospitals are over flowing not seen any of this in the media and if query the experts you get jumped on.

And on the topic of experts,there are a lot of new jobs out there for "covid experts/advisors" these guys want covid to hang around for ages. That's why when the vaccine is out it will take years before things are normal again.

And yes I realise people have died and been very ill AND THATS awful but the vast vast vast vast vast vasr majority will not. We need to take care and protect the old,average age of deaths in the UK is 85.

3 hours ago, Lee76 said:

Glad you’re on the mend! 

Doesn’t a false negative mean you were actually positive? This happened twice?... Which tests did you do? I’ve had to do the Antigen one twice, it’s not pleasant. The second was an ‘unconfirmed’ which means anything from you might have it to they dropped it on the floor :) so regardless of the result I had to self isolate, the window for getting a test is 5 days from start of symptoms for antigen, which were all that were available at the time and by the time I got the unconfirmed it was past the point of being able to get a re-test. Being in the US, did these cost you anything to take? I’ve heard mixed reports from American colleagues from $500 even with decent insurance to $3000!!!

I can empathise with the Christmas present thing, having absolutely nothing sorted.. trouble is I have absolutely no excuse.. I’m always rubbish at this...

They did the Antigen four times! The inaccuracy is a JOKE. 

I finally got approved for the RT-PCR test... Long wait times, but the most accurate so far. Thankfully Medicare covered it - or it WOULDN'T have happened.

Some of you have blown me away with the outpouring of support and friendship! It means more than you can possibly imagine.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Glad to hear you're ok @Carmine A. Be well and God bless you. ;)

Thank you so much! I can now enjoy with all of you, a Merry Christmas and Holiday Season!! 

• Like 1