Tudorp

SRB CV joints?

Has anyone ever seen a rear end set up like this on an SRB? CV shafts? Trailing arm set up? Is this a home brew thing? Or is there an aftermarket set up like this? Any info would be appreciated. 

SRBHUH.jpg

I think so. Those "flex" CV joints, not sure if they are a good answer for drive line, but they are pretty cool. They look like flex joints in a steering column, like the ones on 70's era Ford trucks. 

I speak a little German. used to speak it pretty well, but been many years. Can still speak enough to understand. Yes, I was in the Air Force at Hahn AB Germany for 4 years. Went to K-town many times. That was out weekend pleasure drive to K-town.. That is where I bought my wild willy back in 82. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a.w.k. said:

http://pro10-classic.com/werkstatt-tamiya-srb-racer/

that should be a MIP rear axle for SRB's (look for the assembly drawing on the light blue paper)

follow the link.....it is in German, but i think you can work it out. Haven't you been in K'town during your army service?

Yup

That's a MIP hop up from 40 years ago.  Assuming that is yours, that's a great find, second  only to the MIP 4wd conversion.

http://www.toybaron.com/MIPreference.htm

• Like 1

Nope. not mine. It just showed up on ebay. Never saw a rear set up like that before. But, it is the one in the link for sure. Wonder if that is better than the original set up? It would seem that CV joints like that would not last long. Seems like those poly flex plates would wear and break pretty quick with so much flexing and spinning.

59 minutes ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

Assuming that is yours,

not mine also, that's from the page of Tommy Peter, a known german RC racer since the 70s

• Like 1