simalarion

Those **** Body Snap 0n`s

Im quite new to the hobby and those RC i drove as a kid did not have Lexan body.

What i saw today was those **** Snap on Pins for the Lexan body that also goes for holding the battery in place have scratch the paint from the inside of my Top-Force!, suddenly today i could see right through some parts of the Top-Force body, and it was the exact placers where the snap in pins for the battery was, i have probably attached the Body snap pins with the sharp end out and i tid not know ther was a wrong way setting them on.

So hate them even more than before now as they also is not very practial to handle + they have a razer sharp end. 

I am sure there are alternatives but i do not know of any, do you?. 

• Sad 1

Bad times.

I try and cover over the ones on the inside with a piece of cut neoprene rubber sheet as they will scratch whatever they can.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Bad times.

I try and cover over the ones on the inside with a piece of cut neoprene rubber sheet as they will scratch whatever they can.

They realy should be plastic covered on the ends like the ones girls can use in their hair. What you are saying is that you put Neoprene rubber "tape" on the inside of the body or you jus set a piece of rubber on Snap on pin (sharp en ofc) itself after attaching it?. 

There's metallic tape (Tamiya part no 53351) you can use if the paint job is opaque enough.

Tamiya also sell clear adhesive rings (Tamiya 54785) for inside and out to protect bodies and yes foam pad rings help as well.

• Thanks 1

Sometimes both

If its the pin on the body mount post I cut a piece of rubber sheet to sit over the pin to protect the body and use a piece of tamiya foil tape inside around the hole.

If its a part of the body that rubs anywhere on the chassis or where wires contact the body shell I use the adhesive backed foam stickers tamiya sometimes supply or make my own using double side carpet tape and the foam sheet in A4 size packs fron hobbycraft

• Thanks 1

Many companies produce "chassis protective film".  It's an adhesive sheet of plastic or Teflon for the bottom of the car, or anyplace you stick it on.  I prefer to use on the inside of the body for the purpose you have indicated above.  Disappointingly, Team Associated discontinued the best one (real Teflon), but you can occasionally find PN ASC9787 sitting around the hobby shop.

Disco'd:  https://www.associatedelectrics.com/teamassociated/parts/details/9787-ASC9787-ft_chassis_protective_sheet_6_5_x_18_in/

Currently manufactured:

https://www.prolineracing.com/performance-parts/pro-line-universal-clear-chassis-protector.asp

https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/clear-chassis-protective-sheet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Foam rings from Racer's Edge inside the body, Gorilla duct tape inside the body where anything can rub on it, and clear plastic body protectors from Racer's Edge under the body clips keeps bodies looking good for much longer. If the body has a thin pull, I'll reinforce it with drywall tape and Shoe Goo, and rally and short course bodies always get reinforced in the front and rear bumper areas.

If i'm reading this all correctly, Hole punches and chassis protector material.

If you have two pairs of needle nose pliers, it's relatively easy to bend body clips so the ends point downwards (away from the paint) or upwards (away from the outside of the body shell).  Just bend the clips to form a kind of shallow "U" so the pointy ends and the round end are not in the same plane as the center portion of the clip.  It'll help with paint scratching, and it will make it easier to remove the clips on the outside of the shell as well.

Example here.  You can see how I bent the round end of the clips up to make them easier to remove.  Do the same to the pointed ends for both interior and exterior clips:

img37537_820201633224_1.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Get hold of a pair of locking forceps. If you live in the States, these can be had at Harbor Freight for a couple of bucks, cheap.

These little honeys are invaluable for hanging onto and not losing small metal parts such as e-clips or the tiny 1mm screws that I use in r/c helicopters.

Be forewarned: if you don't clamp down properly, it acts like a spring catapulting the part you are trying to keep hold of across the room.

I cut out / recycle scrap clear 'lexan' plastic from product packaging that normally gets discarded into the bin . I cut out a square or punch out a circle then hole punch it to fit onto bodys posts under the body and on top of the body . Being clear 'see-through' you don't really see them and protect the shell from clips etc .

• Like 2

On 12/8/2020 at 3:26 AM, speedy_w_beans said:

If you have two pairs of needle nose pliers, it's relatively easy to bend body clips so the ends point downwards (away from the paint) or upwards (away from the outside of the body shell).  Just bend the clips to form a kind of shallow "U" so the pointy ends and the round end are not in the same plane as the center portion of the clip.  It'll help with paint scratching, and it will make it easier to remove the clips on the outside of the shell as well.

Example here.  You can see how I bent the round end of the clips up to make them easier to remove.  Do the same to the pointed ends for both interior and exterior clips:

img37537_820201633224_1.jpg

I also do this . Great body there Speedy (the car that is ;) )

• Like 1