Sign in to follow this  
Matty36

Which kyosho model

I have had this kyosho for a long time, but it never had a body since I got it. Does anyone know which model it is, i thought it was a lazer but I'm not sure as it has a cut out opposite the servo. I know it's not the best picture. I'm trying to find a body and wheels, but I have some standard 12mm buggy hex wheels to go on it for now.

20190511_091551.jpg

20190506_090441.jpg

On 11/25/2020 at 10:16 PM, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

check ebay team blue groove for a body and mciracing.ca should have some decals.

yes tbg bodies are nice, but keep in mind that they don´t supply the undertray (afaik), only body + wing.

On 11/25/2020 at 9:51 PM, Matty36 said:

I will try them, does anyone know if they used 2 inch wheels, or 2.2 inch.

Given that it has the superior gold shocks, it may be an Optima Mid Custom Special. These had a unique body with a rounded fighter-jet style canopy. The other long wheelbase Mid models – the lower-spec Custom and the super high-spec Turbo Special – used a more conventional buggy-style body, but that chassis will take either, so it's a matter of personal taste.

They came with 2" wheels. They will accept 2.2" wheels if you prefer, though. When the Lazer ZX-R came out I bought some 2.2" wheels and swapped them on to my Mid and it ran fine on them. The wheels you currently have on there are weird. The ones on the front are Schumacher 2-row stud 2WD fronts (which were not an uncommon mod – at least one company made wheels that allowed you to run 2WD fronts on the front of a Mid and I believe I even had some). The ones on the rear seem to be 4WD fronts of some sort. Very odd.

836809863_KyoshoOptimaFamilytree.thumb.jpg.22659123fd090f6ecfa55ba02b8ce821.jpg