Sign in to follow this  
burakol

Cost of Technigold and Technipower Motors

As the title goes, does anyone know the current value of a technigold and a Technipower? I might be able to source one or both, but I don't know what is a reasonable price for it. It will be used and ran sparingly..

22 minutes ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

Cool go for it. For value depending on how used it is and how much you want to spend i will say 30 to 70usd.

Thanks for the response. So about 50 each would be reasonable? 

• Like 1

Yeah a good used one with a good condition can and decal is anything from £30-70 mind you I paid £90 for a boxed one years ago and I thought that was a lot but it had the original price sticker on it £29.99 from Beattie's

1 hour ago, moffman said:

Yeah a good used one with a good condition can and decal is anything from £30-70 mind you I paid £90 for a boxed one years ago and I thought that was a lot but it had the original price sticker on it £29.99 from Beattie's

That's the problem...the other can is assumed to be a "technigold" since the sticker is missing but the can looks clean and free of dings and major  nicks and the seller claims it to be the technigold... while the other is a Technipower I'm the same cosmetic condition with the sticker label intact... 

15 minutes ago, burakol said:

That's the problem...the other can is assumed to be a "technigold" since the sticker is missing but the can looks clean and free of dings and major  nicks and the seller claims it to be the technigold... while the other is a Technipower I'm the same cosmetic condition with the sticker label intact... 

Is it from Italy? 

Nope..here in the US...may I know why? Seller said he can also throw in 2 red sprint motors... I dont really have a use for it  besides  nostalgia...

• Like 1

Ive seen one for sale in Italy without a photo of the motor sticker! 

I a bit suspicious that it's a none tamiya 

Here the photo. Do notice that the top/front cover housing of the "assumed" technigold motor is not black but painted to match the motor housing, whereas the Technipower has the black front/top cover... 

Seller will also throw in two red sprint motor for his asking price... 

20201127_191940.jpg

Screenshot_20201127-192100_eBay.jpg

20201127_192004.jpg

Yeah doesn't look very "gold" does it! 

Sprint motors are nice new to collect but a bit lacking compared to more modern motors. 

1 hour ago, svenb said:

Technipower looks pretty good though 

I know there has been some variances with the technigold motor...some appearing to me more gold, while some more of a champagne like the one in the photo... not sure if I really need these motors...I already have a Technipower kn my original Hotshot but having another one to use on my Terra Scorcher or BigWig would be nice... 

But I do still have 3 17.5t brushless waiting to be used...