Mechanic AH

What Tamiya kit/car have you regretted purchasing?

8 minutes ago, RC_FunLand said:

I’ll consider it sold if you add on a chocolate shake ;).

No Mc Ribs?

• Haha 2

Back when I was a kid, the Boomerang disappointed me.  My first was a Hornet, that my dad built.  After a year, I wanted to get something better, and browsing through the Tower Hobbies catalog I settled on a Boomerang.  This one I built myself.  Taking it for a spin, I immediately noticed how much slower it was.  I was convinced I had built it wrong, and rechecked everything.  Eventually I realized it was just how much the 4WD saps energy out of the system.  In hindsight, it was also how light the hornet was as well.  I didn't have much allowance to spend on a motor upgrade. I did drive it for about a year, but my interests were changing so it got driven less & less.  In hindsight, instead of going for a new RC a year later I should have put effort into upgrading the Boomerang, but it had acquired the 'slow and/or built wrong' baggage.

• Like 2

The only one I even regret a little bit is the Grasshopper 2 I got "for my wife" which, as it turns out, isn't a Jeep (which is what she actually wants). Oops.

So it'll be dedicated to road racing, whenever Tamiya decides to release those Pajero 1.9 wheels for TC tires. It's a lovely car and I can't wait to drive it in anger :ph34r: