cobalt

What Tamiya kit/car have you have NOT regretted purchasing?

My FF-03. Was bought on a whim to keep me entertained through the first lockdown. Its just so impressive, handles brilliantly, requires very little modification out of the box (I went with a higher ride height to rally it) and is really well thought through. I've only added CVD's to stop the chatter at large steering angles and the carbon reinforced parts for the rear suspension. Has a Nimh and a Tble-02 at the moment but I've ordered another Sky TS50 so I can run a Lipo and lighten it a bit. Great car. 

Astute - will always be my one true love and I won't hear a bad word said against it ;) 

Avante - I know it's flawed in many ways - but will you just look at it!! It's gorgeous! :wub:

Monster Racer - the younger, hotter sister of the King Cab - best looking rear end of any truck :wub::wub:

Durga - again, like the Avante, it's flawed, but can be made awesome with hops ups (as with many other of Tamiya's fleet) and I just love it!! :wub:

• Like 1

My Super Clodbuster. So much fun, so many mods that can be done. If you watch any Monster Jam videos, you will see that it behaves like a proper monster truck.

The car that started it all for me when I was 16, a TA-01 Lancia Delta Integrale. I smashed the shell, bought another shell and restored it. I'll never part with it.

My TL-01. As it got me into the hobby.

My Wild Willy 2. It got my son into the hobby. And Willy has been a feature of my Tamiyaclub competition entries!

WT-01 Dual Hunter. Go-to beach runner for the family on holiday.

Hornet. My son grabs the controller every time I take it out of the garage.

M04. HPI BMW 2002 body, RWD. I just like  it.

XV-01T. Such a great build with all the hop ups I threw at it. 

M05-RA. Another good build with plenty of hop-ups and fun to run with the M04

M03. I bought a knackered Mini Cooper Monte, future shelf item

CR-01, TXT-2. I have yet to build these but I'm looking forward to them!

If I could get my fleet down to that number, maybe my wife might also not regret me buying them... 

• Haha 1