Sign in to follow this  
slimleeroy

Tamiya durga

Hi guys. You may or may not be aware that the tamiya Durga is a fantastic car but has a couple of major weaknesses in stock form.  The main one is the plastic braces front and rear (and the little suspension blocks) which support the wishbone hinge pins.  I have managed to get hold.of the alloy replacements for all but the rear brace which goes across the back of the rear wishbones.  There doesn't seem to be any of these anywhere unless you are willing to pay stupid money.  I have now managed to get one of the carbon reinforced plastic parts tree as an alternative but just wondered if any of you have tried these and are they better than the cheese stock part?  I'm sick of the wishbones popping out after jumps and losing those little plastic pivot balls from the end of the pins.  

Let me know what you think guys.  

Thanks

Hi mate, 

I can't say I've given it a lot of abuse but I have compared the stock items to the carbon reinforced ones back to back on the bench and there is a light and day difference between them. There's absolutely no give in the reinforced items at all. I'd be amazed if you have problems with these.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 9:54 AM, jonboy1 said:

Hi mate, 

I can't say I've given it a lot of abuse but I have compared the stock items to the carbon reinforced ones back to back on the bench and there is a light and day difference between them. There's absolutely no give in the reinforced items at all. I'd be amazed if you have problems with these.

Thanks mate. Just what I was wanting to hear