Sign in to follow this  
davidwj95

Terra scorcher brass pipe hop up

I was browsing RC Mart and saw that they had a tamiya hop up for the terra scorcher chassis which is a pair of 12.5mm x brass pipes.  Does anyone know what they are for?  I was thinking maybe to sleeve the motor mount screws but cant find a description anywhere.  I think I have some 4mm brass tubing so I'll cut my own if it's a modification worth doing.

Buy it anyway.  The best hop ups are definitely the ones that you have no idea whatsoever what it does. That way you can fit it and know that its performing better than without it for sure.

• Haha 3

Stage 11 in the manual shows 12.5mm tubes to shield the motor mount screws!?

That's not very accurate to say hopup if it's part of the normal build!😳

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davidwj95 said:

I was browsing RC Mart and saw that they had a tamiya hop up for the terra scorcher chassis which is a pair of 12.5mm x brass pipes.  Does anyone know what they are for?  I was thinking maybe to sleeve the motor mount screws but cant find a description anywhere.  I think I have some 4mm brass tubing so I'll cut my own if it's a modification worth doing.

They are indeed the motor mount screw sheaths. I wouldn't call them a hop-up. They are the same as the stock parts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, taffer said:

Stage 11 in the manual shows 12.5mm tubes to shield the motor mount screws!?

That's not very accurate to say hopup if it's part of the normal build!😳

Yes I've just checked my manual and I see them.  Weird that they label it as a hop up part. 

I guess everything is a hop up part when it comes to the TS chassis... as so were labeled the spare tires I got a couple days ago! 20201201-181417.jpg

4 hours ago, Ferruz said:

I guess everything is a hop up part when it comes to the TS chassis... as so were labeled the spare tires I got a couple days ago! 20201201-181417.jpg

They look the same as the ones included in the kit lol

Just now, Avante2001R said:

They are indeed positively exactly the same!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ferruz said:
3 minutes ago, Avante2001R said:

They are indeed positively exactly the same!!

Maybe Tamiya ran out of "Spare Parts" header cards for the bags in the pandemic. Yay! Let them all be Hop Ups! All!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

Maybe Tamiya ran out of "Spare Parts" header cards for the bags in the pandemic. Yay! Let them all be Hop Ups! All!

Or maybe they are showing some empathy towards the running cars? From the perspective of a buggy runnig on bald, chewed-up old tires, they indeed represent a hop up 🤔😁

• Haha 4