Bennett Ironman

Wounded paint job help required 😥

School boy error folks ....what do I need to completely remove paint from my bodyshell 😥😥 sprayed it wrong way round didn't use strongest colour first and it's a right mess 😭

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If, by any chance, "wrong way" means painting it on the outside of the Lexan shell, you can just peel the protective film.  Things are not that convenient, usually. 

Well, exactly what I did when I painted my first shell. But removed the protectiv film for shure!

23 hours ago, Bennett Ironman said:

Thanks everyone it's painted on the inside 😊.... currently stripping paint back using Wilko's paint stripper 🤣

oh, i would test on spare part first, i have tested many things thar ruin the clear plastic, Nail polish would be the worst to put on but other stuff i tried like a Norewegian Paint remover called White Sprit also dammage the body and makes it foggy. 

So i tried cheap methods that failed badly, the expensive method works perfekt and i also use it to clean Body on outside:

image.png.72ec672ea0870faee7287f66ef945694.png

Just not to make another thread, want to ask another question about paint remover (Tamiya in my case). After some corrections made with the help of paint remover, do I need the shell to be washed with soap or the paint can be applied just afterwards? 

A new body or paint the outside, stripping lexan, I DON'T KNOW.

when i remove over spray and flash it's denatured alcohol and small spots and wipe quickly after with water or glass cleaner is the Ultimate (but not recommended) Lacquer Thinner, got to be fast gotta be quick or things start happening.

23 hours ago, fwdjump said:

Just not to make another thread, want to ask another question about paint remover (Tamiya in my case). After some corrections made with the help of paint remover, do I need the shell to be washed with soap or the paint can be applied just afterwards? 

(Not! on any of the window surface areas) Scotch-Brite pad and Dawn soap, rinse with warm and then cold water and wipe gentle with a clean micro fiber towel or a nice clean white T-shirt (doesn't leave fibers like towels).

Remember Hot Water heaters produce and store mineral deposits thus the final rinse with cold water after, or it can produce those little fish eyes.

• Thanks 1

fwdjump Just not to make another thread

Who cares?  reminds us Ol' dogs to stay upon our game.

so Thanx for mentioning it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ACCEL said:

(Not! on any of the window surface areas) Scotch-Brite pad and Dawn soap, rinse with warm and then cold water and wipe gentle with a clean micro fiber towel or a nice clean white T-shirt (doesn't leave fibers like towels).

Remember Hot Water heaters produce and store mineral deposits thus the final rinse with cold water after, or it can produce those little fish eyes.

Thanks mate!

• Like 1