Biz73

Poster of the year

I have seen threads about the poster of the year on other types of forums and thought we should start one here. Who do you think had the best posts on TC this year?

My vote goes to Saito2. He's started so many great topics.

Who's your favorite?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Although there are lots of great posters on Tamiyaclub, I'd like to give a shout out to @Juggular for being informative and oft times witty with his post. Great topic BTW, @Biz73 and thank you for the mention.:) It means a lot and it made my day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Poster of the Year? If you ask me,...

japan-olympics-tokyo-_wong.jpg?w=800&qua

pHmN9jdCG5e3JbMT4nKpP6.jpg

_114266741_gettyimages-1210432306.jpg

I like the sujet of 2020 Olymics very much, but it did not happened. .. .

:unsure:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Saito2 for me. Nice, deep, engrossing, and creative conversations. So thank you, Sir. (But there are many great posters here. Feel bad not mentioning them now...)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've gotta say @Saito2 for their philosophical and excellent topics, @Mad Ax for his creative builds and organizing a zoom call with a couple of other members and @TurnipJF for the postal race. This place has made R/C more fun than ever for me and made 2020 a lot easier.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Too hard to pick a favorite, but @Saito2 & @Mad Ax are two of my favorites.  I just really appreciate this site, I look forward ro reading new topics and looking at builds much more than any other site I visit on a regular basis.  TC really has a somewhat calming effect on me and really helps me appreciate the hobby even more than I already do.  Can't thank everyone that posts here enough for being passionate, friendly, and respectful no matter what the topic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I haven’t been here long enough to get to know everybody, but I do have to say that this is THE nicest, most civil, most enjoyable, most awesome message board ever. The only drama is dead batteries and lack of spare parts.  Fantastic!

Terry

• Like 7

@ThunderDragonCy for his FF03 and TB03 builds. Although my wife would argue he is the worst since I have attended 2 onroad meets in 2 years but bought an exo RS7 conversion and FF04 this year, which i blame on him. And IIPA.

@Juggular as no one else knows as much about bearings as him.

But really there are a lot, most of whom have been mentioned already.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My nomination "Poster of the Year" goes to @Mokei Kagaku.  The information he gives is always helpful and with expert knowledge. 

For example: Not that long ago I was searching for the 1/16 RC Gepard manual and within hours a digital version was in my mailbox.

• Like 3

All of the above. Some great posters which really make the forum what it is. Always amazes me the effort that goes into so many builds, comprehensive answers and new ideas. Do think a special mention to @TurnipJF for the postal race (I must have a go!) and the spirit it's organised in. @Saito2 has a knack of starting very interesting threads that brings out some great responses and @ThunderDragonCy has inspired me on too many occasions to spend more money... * ff-03.. @Mad Ax, @JennyMo and @Truck Norris builds simply blow me away and I wish I had the skill to achieve those results... Looking forward to what 2021 brings.. No pressure posters... 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Wow, it's so hard to choose as there are so many great people already mentioned above, but if I have to pick just one it would have to be @Saito2 for his thoughtful and philosophical posts and his ability keep the conversation going :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh... this Poster you mean... :) I quote myself and vote for Saito San.

On 11/25/2020 at 5:54 PM, Collin said:

@Saito2 You should really write a book called: "The philosophy of RC". I am always amazed about what you are questioning and idears and so on. Its a pleasure to read. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Are we allowed to vote for ourselves? :huh: I'm blown away by some of the insight and brilliant work @jonboy1 has come up with this year.

• Haha 9

31 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

Are we allowed to vote for ourselves? :huh: I'm blown away by some of the insight and brilliant work @jonboy1 has come up with this year.

He is so incredibly humble, too.  What a guy :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

Every name mentioned has been a deserving one, but I think @jonboy1 just won this whole thing :lol: Kudos to you.

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

@jonboy1 Did you send something to @Carmine A? That could net you Postie of the Year! :D

modesty would prevent @jonboy1 from disclosing his philanthropic activities - he really doesn't like to talk about it :)

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Biz73 said:

Every name mentioned has been a deserving one, but I think @jonboy1 just won this whole thing :lol: Kudos to you.

I think so too - @jonboy1 FTW!!! ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

He is so incredibly humble, too.  What a guy :) 

apparently he's very handsome too, and very, very muscular! :wub:

• Haha 4

Tough choice, but I'm going @Saito2 -- I'm mostly a lurker nowadays, but I never pass up an opportunity to read his threads. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd also vote for @Saito2  , lots of great posts. But after typing his name in, I am curious as to who @saito and @saito38 are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, yogi-bear said:

I'd also vote for @Saito2  , lots of great posts. But after typing his name in, I am curious as to who @saito and @saito38 are.

Well it's a common Japanese surname, so probably just random people like all the other yogi bears on the board :D

• Like 1