Sign in to follow this  
t3garett

Team academy ?

Any team academy fans out there ??? 

I ve got a griffin pro that I m restoring and an sbv2 that I m going to restore. 

Does anyone have any info about the brand, their cars, their history ??? Or any parts (boxes, adverts, magazines ) . I m going to try and start a collection :blink:

I'm into scale models.  

Academy is a South Korean company.  I recently got a CV-90 kit that's decent.  Their plastic is slightly soft, like Italeri of Italy, but not as soft as Airfix of England.  

LqSb67T.jpg

I think they used to directly buy Tamiya's old molds and sell the kits.  You can find old Panzer IV kit on ebay, that's exactly same as Tamiya's 70's kit.  If I remember correctly, Tamiya brand stamp was carved out and put Academy's in its place.  Good way for Tamiya to make money: sell molds that they are not using anymore.  There were dozens of kits like that.  But now Academy is making their own kits.  

As for RC, I know they used to have a few models in the past.  I don't know if they are still making RC cars.  Rockbuster was one of them.  Unfortunately, that's as much as I know.  

• Like 1

Thanks very much for the input. I didn t know about the static models. As far as I can figure out they made the griffin 2wd, the wyvern 4wd, the gv2 2wd and the svb 4wd. But my knowledge ends there.... 

I ll post some pics and a small review about my griffin pro when I finish it if that is of interest to anyone and I ll do the samedi for the sbv2 when I get round to it.