Sign in to follow this  
Finnsllc

Schumacher KR

Im about to grab a KR. I wanted to grab some input if anybody has $.02 to share. Im also still looking at the KD but i found a NIB KR for what i think is a great price. I want t at dirt   branch out a bit from Tamiya as im about full up on Tamiya kits that im interested in. Ive built my list if you will with the exception of 201 and 501/503. Ive looked at Associated and feel like Schumacher is where i want to branch out. I dont carpet race so im looking at "dirt" kits. 

• Like 1

Get a kd if you can it s alot more adapted to dirt out of ths box. Your going to have to buy some option parts to get a kc or kr to work properly on dirt.

20201208_195510.jpg

No but before purchasing a kd I tried a friends kc and a kf2. The kd is a lot more stable and less tail happy in dirt and gravel than the other 2. The weight distribution is different and combined with the long wheelbase and more flexible chassis it makes for a very surprising car on loose surfaces. Its so stable sometimes its not even fun if you see what I mean. It is very planted and almost understeery. It is very difficult to unsettle it.  

im fairly sure my 12 year old daughter has batted her eyes and has my dad getting me a KD for the holiday. So im looking at this KR. Is the KD wheel base the +8 or whatever number ive been reading about? @t3garett