Smokeylocc420

Optima Mid slipper

OK so I whipped one up.

What you need:
RERE 2017 Optima Slipper shaft
1/16 or 1.5mm drill bit (having a drill press really helps)
Two 1/16" or 1.5mm dia roll pins

Traxxas Rustler slipper assembly (Only thing I had and so I decided to use it)

Since I'm only allowed 4.9MB (4.88MB to be exact) of media upload...I only put up one pic. Sorry.

I now will have to prove its functionality & durability.

Waiting on a motor...Fingers crossed.

IMG_1394.JPG

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Smokeylocc420 said:

IMG_1417.JPG

Brilliant!! 

Great to know there's options 👍

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Smokeylocc420 said:

IMG_1417.JPG

Is that... a spray can lid?

• Like 1

I don't know how well she will hold being the amount of material removed when drilling... but so far so good under hand power! (Of course I haven't put any real power to it yet)

Made some surgical alteration to allow the sway arm to, uhh.. sway...lol

IMG_1434[1].JPG

4 hours ago, Smokeylocc420 said:

Yes Thank you...if it proves itself under powah!

What power plant are to going for?

If that's a 15t Firebolt, the stock clutch ran hotter motors than those bitd, I'm finding a ,budget 5.5t / 10bl120 a nice balance 😁

12 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

If that's a 15t Firebolt, the stock clutch ran hotter motors than those bitd, I'm finding a ,budget 5.5t / 10bl120 a nice balance 😁

I just got a hw ezrun Max10 60A...And Speed Passion 3500kv. Waiting on this stuff, then deciding on either lipo or nimh, and still need a body/underguard!

2 hours ago, Smokeylocc420 said:

I just got a hw ezrun Max10 60A...And Speed Passion 3500kv. Waiting on this stuff, then deciding on either lipo or nimh, and still need a body/underguard!

If it's a resto mod, it's got to be Lipo! 

These are what I'm using in mine (Well, I used their schuamcher version, but it's that close, they've done one for the mid) 

https://www.muzzoommodels.co.uk/kyosho/lipo-saddle-holder-kyosho 

You're talking 13.5t motor, ish. It's a speed passion I'm using.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Smokeylocc420 said:

Wooders, thanks for the tip!

And yea it's a speed passion, is that what turn it is for 3500kv? I guess so..here's a photo:

speed passion.jpg

To use saddles, you need lower profile ones, there's the bumps below the top deck on the gear box, for the screws, that catch.

Where's an approx KV conversion, but with timing, you can get higher kv with a sensored (a dyno vid on YouTube, getting over 5000kv out of a 13.5t)

2020-04-22_06-12-30

• Like 1

And I just ordered a body kit from Penguin! Can't wait! Then just gotta add the saddle pack, add radio gear, then run her on (hopefully) dry pavement...I might need a belt guard as well but TBG is on short supply, so unless I find one elsewhere, I'll either have to make one or wait til TBG is back on top.

• Like 1

Thanks Biz73, I appreciate you!

Sant Cruz!? Haven't been there for a while, I remember going there as a kid from the Bay, good to see someone from a place I have great memories.

Thanks again dude!

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 5:01 AM, Wooders28 said:

BITD I used to run a hand-wound 12x2 in my Mid on-road competitions with a pretty stock drivetrain. Never had any issues with it, apart from it sometimes eating idler gears and once a 64dp spur. And I know other drivers who used to run even hotter winds than that. I think a 10x1 was the lariest wind I saw used in a local meeting, although I know there were motors down to 8x2 available. Back then it was more a problem of ensuring your battery lasted, rather than whether your gearbox could take it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Smokeylocc420 said:

Thanks Biz73, I appreciate you!

Sant Cruz!? Haven't been there for a while, I remember going there as a kid from the Bay, good to see someone from a place I have great memories.

Thanks again dude!

Oh, you were one of those pesky tourists! JK :lol: I'm glad you enjoyed it here. I love it, but I'm a little biased.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Biz73 said:

Oh, you were one of those pesky tourists! JK :lol: I'm glad you enjoyed it here. I love it, but I'm a little biased.

No man, I totally get where you're coming from! It's gotta be like that if you're from there, I remember the pointing Junipero Serra statue on the way there...

Some more pics of a temporary dust cover made from a takeout taco salad tray...It's ugly only because of the shoe goo, otherwise it's a real nice looking addition and it's almost 100% sealed except for the motor area.

IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_1506.JPG

IMG_1513[1].JPG

14 hours ago, Smokeylocc420 said:

No man, I totally get where you're coming from! It's gotta be like that if you're from there, I remember the pointing Junipero Serra statue on the way there...

Classic. We would drive by it on our way to visit family in Fresno all the time.

Nice work on the dust cover. Ghetto fabulous!

• Like 1