Mechanic AH

A Photo of Your Most Recent Tamiya RC/Build

12 hours ago, Raman36 said:

ps I can’t figure out why this site turns some of my picts 90° the wrong way. 

Great color btw!

About the 90 degree rotation. Are you by any chance uploading photos from an iPhone?

4 hours ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Great color btw!

About the 90 degree rotation. Are you by any chance uploading photos from an iPhone?

Yes!

Box art F-350 with Tamiya ball bearings set & MFC unit.

Hooked up to an older iPhone mostly playing classical music - listen to podcasts etc.

5000 Mah. Battery will play music and provide lights for hours maybe even a couple days.

Built during lockdowns, it took me 2 weeks to complete, one of my favorite Tamiya kits. 

IMG_5453.jpg

f350.jpg

• Like 14

My tomahawk is my most recent build didn't take as long as I thought it would because the diff and shocks are already pre-built although you still have to take the shocks apart to fill with oil but just like the optima it was a superb kit absolutely seamless and total quality👍

20210102_153409.jpg

• Like 14

Nice colour schemes on the Tommy and the Optimus Turbonium 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moffman said:

My tomahawk is my most recent build didn't take as long as I thought it would because the diff and shocks are already pre-built although you still have to take the shocks apart to fill with oil but just like the optima it was a superb kit absolutely seamless and total quality👍

20210102_153409.jpg

Nice! I like that you paired it with a brushed Mega motor. Works with these classics :)

• Like 1

Just finished this last night.  From my rc top 10 all time most wanted list. the Blackfoot. ( will do all the 80´s monsters one day, so far this and Clod are only ones I got).

I need to practise on the brush painting, the Ron´s fase is a bit tired, lol.

Loving the Tamiya spray paints , after polishing and decalling it is really nice finish.

8.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• Like 11

9 hours ago, rjg1973 said:

Great thread! Here’s my latest build from a couple of weeks ago. 

9432AD83-BB50-4212-BD91-3678C6A28575.thumb.jpeg.d1969e0702aaf74e0d089b74d2c13dc9.jpeg

8AE1B2DF-925C-4638-80F7-EB5ABDA5FC7A.thumb.jpeg.4bf12420dbb387b678bc68df688218f3.jpeg

7920BDE5-4BE6-41BD-9CA1-78120AB5561F.thumb.jpeg.019521bb7217eee811d622b70b30c281.jpeg

A555DDA1-F7E7-46FD-B339-C5182DC8FD2B.thumb.jpeg.7018c22d5d4defa782fef054aab53695.jpeg

852E8A5F-42AA-4AD3-951D-6F54F2DD4DB2.thumb.jpeg.a2adbb09e81a2f6374939a4719518ae8.jpeg

My next kit will be a road car, main problem is i do not have any close place to run them, least of all F1 but i have always been very facinated of the perfect lines and contructions of those wonder machines, started with me playing Simulator Grand Prix Legends on PC (simulator game), i just loved the colour theme and look of Lotus. A pitcure from the Game (with mods still good today):

image.png.94bb225b49e530cd987b3a96749a883b.png

If i only had slick asphalt close by my first kit would be F1 for sure, and i wonder how they actually behave since i never actually tried a F1 RC either ... 

Edit: since i do not my first Road car will be A subaru Rally TT02 kit, just waiting for Spring so i can paint, -16 outside at the moment :)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, simalarion said:

My next kit will be a road car, main problem is i do not have any close place to run them, least of all F1 but i have always been very facinated of the perfect lines and contructions of those wonder machines, started with me playing Simulator Grand Prix Legends on PC (simulator game), i just loved the colour theme and look of Lotus. A pitcure from the Game (with mods still good today):

image.png.94bb225b49e530cd987b3a96749a883b.png

If i only had slick asphalt close by my first kit would be F1 for sure, and i wonder how they actually behave since i never actually tried a F1 RC either ... 

Edit: since i do not my first Road car will be A subaru Rally TT02 kit, just waiting for Spring so i can paint, -16 outside at the moment :)

Love a Lotus!! 

• Like 1

While working on a never ending Blitzer Beetle body, I took a break and finished customizing a Kyosho Trail King (sorry it's not a Tamiya). I'm really not a fond of the stock/original look and really want a Unimog. So I decided to turn the Trail King into one since it's reminiscent of a Unimog 406/407. Now I just have to wait for snow to test tun it. Sorry for the amount of images.

Also uploaded the work process if you're curious. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOIvigqB1I4

MechanicAfterHours-1040441.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1040448.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1040489.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1040411.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1040432.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1040463.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1040479.jpg

MechanicAfterHours-1040461.jpg

• Like 20

On 1/3/2021 at 1:34 AM, Raman36 said:

Nice colour schemes on the Tommy and the Optimus Turbonium 👍

The Optima is candy metallic red and the tomahawk is iridescent paint looks brilliant in the sun

20210102_153536.jpg

• Like 4

I just finished the lights on this car. I can't wait for the summer so I can go out for a drive right before dusk without freezing my *** off :D

Also I think this picture could be my next wallpaper.

GPZJiBi.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, VileQuenouille said:

I just finished the lights on this car. I can't wait for the summer so I can go out for a drive right before dusk without freezing my *** off :D

GPZJiBi.jpg

This is a beauty!!! Beautiful picture as well, I really like how the front lights came out. Using it as a wallpaper is the least you can do :)

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, VileQuenouille said:

GPZJiBi.jpg

Looks awesome .. as for the cold weather.. take a sift of brandy ;)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, VileQuenouille said:

Love that shot!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mechanic AH said:

Love that shot!

Thank you ^_^. Btw I love your videos, there's some real production value in them and I don't understand how you don't have more subscribers.

Here's my Subaru body I've been messing with as it was well used and the previous owner cut the front bumper off, so i thought I'd try and keep it out of the landfill, front crash bar made from styrene tubing with intercooler and oil cooler, carbon wrapped roof, bonnet and spoiler, Matte chrome red wrapped the rest of the car, side skirts had also been chopped by the previous owner so styrene again for them.

_20210110_134646.JPG

• Like 3

As a kid, I always wanted to have a Grasshopper. But my parents never allowed me to have one. Now, a few years later, I built my very first RC car, with 45. :)

Nothing special, but I am happy how my Blitzer Beetle turned out.

A3A5429E-AA0C-4D8F-9C39-3AD36C810D2A.jpeg

20210109_162522.jpg

• Like 11