Mechanic AH

A Photo of Your Most Recent Tamiya RC/Build

A long time since i did a build, but i've still not finished this, so i guess this oneĀ is about the most recent really..

photo11-zps2e0f1770.jpg

• Like 8

That certainly looks like it means business. But apart from it saying Vaterra I must confess I've no idea what I'm looking at :)

On 1/10/2021 at 1:27 PM, VileQuenouille said:

I love your videos, there's some real production value in them and I don't understand how you don't have more subscribers.

@Mechanic AH he couldn't have said it better. It was one of your build videos that is entirely responsible for my recent purchase of a Kyosho.

In light of this, please prepare a 300 word justification I can share with my wife so she doesn't throw me out of the house when I walk in with yet another kit in a week or so.:lol:

• Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 5:27 AM, VileQuenouille said:

Thank you ^_^. Btw I love your videos, there's some real production value in them and I don't understand how you don't have more subscribers.

Thanks! I don't know how social media/subscribers all work :lol:Ā but if I'm honest,Ā I do wish I had moreĀ so I know if the videos are helpful or working. One day maybe.

Ā 

@Mechanic AHĀ he couldn't have said it better. It was one of your build videos that is entirely responsible for my recent purchase of a Kyosho.

In light of this, please prepare a 300 word justification I can share with my wife so she doesn't throw me out of the house when I walk in with yet another kit in a week or so.:lol:

@DeadMeat666Ā Glad I got you to spend more money lol! You just have to do way more houseĀ chores, pamper your wife more, and pretend you always listen B).Ā 

11 hours ago, nordic said:

As a kid, I always wanted to have a Grasshopper. But my parents never allowed me to have one. Now, a few years later, I built my very first RC car, with 45. :)

Nothing special, but I am happy how my Blitzer Beetle turned out.

Ā 

Ā 

A3A5429E-AA0C-4D8F-9C39-3AD36C810D2A.jpeg

20210109_162522.jpg

Looks great, I bet itā€™s a hoot in that snow!

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

That certainly looks like it means business. But apart from it saying Vaterra I must confess I've no idea what I'm looking at :)

Lol - yes its a bit of mismatch at first glance, all in the name of building another modified Clodbuster, this one supposedly a little more 'racer'..

CPE carbon fibre chassis frame

Clod Axles

Vaterra lower links

Alloy 4 link brackets and links

Alloy hub strengtheners

Gmade XD piggyback shocks

Dual brushless motors

Ā 

Oh! And since you've already posted it here you might as well give it a proper build thread, right? I mean, with the US properly on fire and the rest of the world in varying degrees of lock down it couldn't hurt to entertain the masses with your build, @Percymon

• Like 1

Knocked together this blue Lunchie just before Christmas. Was considering letting it go as a kit but now glad I kept it as it looks nice on a shelf. Destined to never ever turn a wheel in anger while I own it. :ph34r:

lunchie.jpg

• Like 14

18 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

Looks great, I bet itā€™s a hoot in that snow!

Thank you!

Actually it is nearly impossible to drive at the moment, it has zero traction in the fresh snow.Ā :)

• Haha 1

Started my blackfoot build no electric's yet but did put the mip diff in it because I've got brushless and 2s lipo (basically the combo and the 2s lipo have been sitting doing nothing for a few years and its easy to put in a blackfoot/monster beetle because loads of space around the chassis)Ā 

20210111_174125.jpg

• Like 4

Original new built Evo. Only the decals are repo although I do have an original set.Ā 

D602C740-2E98-4026-BD40-8972DA16073E.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Another recent build.....Street Rover fitted with HPI SuperStar wheels. Wide Boy. :)

Ā 

street1.thumb.jpg.710bce2c581c4657952b95d34f7ff511.jpg

street3.jpg

• Like 10

On 1/12/2021 at 5:55 AM, Wandy said:

Knocked together this blue Lunchie just before Christmas. Was considering letting it go as a kit but now glad I kept it as it looks nice on a shelf. Destined to never ever turn a wheel in anger while I own it. :ph34r:

lunchie.jpg

Nice looking Lunchie. Are those wheels Alloy?Ā 

On 1/12/2021 at 6:19 PM, nordic said:

Thank you!

Actually it is nearly impossible to drive at the moment, it has zero traction in the fresh snow.Ā :)

About the same as on most surfaces then!!!! Thats what makes them fun:D

• Haha 1

Father Christmas did well this year. Two very happy kids, and I got my original Blackfoot back on the road.

Ā 

Ā 

Polish_20210113_215854668.jpg

Polish_20210113_215820363.jpg

• Like 5

Finished today, except painting.Ā 

Can you spot the error?

20210113_120443.jpg

1 minute ago, Hairyjon313 said:

Finished today, except painting.Ā 

Can you spot the error?

20210113_120443.jpg

Either your body is mounted backwards or your tires are backwards :)Ā  Nice Bullhead!

1 minute ago, 87lc2 said:

Either your body is mounted backwards or your tires are backwards :)Ā  Nice Bullhead!

Tyres are backwards. Was all proud and took the photo, then realised. Doh ... Great build though and if you get some hop ups its a really great build.

On 1/7/2021 at 11:32 AM, rjg1973 said:

Great thread! Hereā€™s my latest build from a couple of weeks ago.Ā 
Ā 

9432AD83-BB50-4212-BD91-3678C6A28575.thumb.jpeg.d1969e0702aaf74e0d089b74d2c13dc9.jpeg

Ā 

Very nice! Did you paint it camel yellow? I did mine and i turned outĀ way too orange. Yours looks quite close to the boxart.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dakratfink said:

Nice looking Lunchie. Are those wheels Alloy?Ā 

No, just the standard kit plastic wheels plated in blue.

• Like 1

Finished my blackfoot mip dif all ready to go but it's going to have to wait until we are allowed out (never in my adult life did I think I would ever say thatšŸ™„) or better weather arrives which ever comes first.......probably the better weather!

20210113_222200.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, didcos said:

Very nice! Did you paint it camel yellow? I did mine and i turned outĀ way too orange. Yours looks quite close to the boxart.

Thanks! Yes the paint was a concern as I wanted the body and wings to match the front wing sticker colour. After some trial and error, for the body I went with many coats of PS-19 Camel Yellow with no backing colour. For the wing end plates (front and rear) I went with a mix of X-6 Orange and X-8 Yellow, applied with an airbrush and also with many coats to match the solid colour of the front wing stickers.Ā 
Not perfect but pretty good.Ā 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cas446 said:

Father Christmas did well this year. Two very happy kids, and I got my original Blackfoot back on the road.

Ā 

Ā 

Polish_20210113_215854668.jpg

Polish_20210113_215820363.jpg

Nice trucks ! Is the dt03t the exact same as normal dt03?

2 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Nice trucks ! Is the dt03t the exact same as normal dt03?

I think so,Ā but I'm no expert. I was looking around September last year to get my boys into the hobby and was quite surprised how everything seems to be RTR since I left the hobby mid 90's.Ā Ā I wanted a build kit asĀ I see this as such an important part of the hobby. Very pleased so far, pleasantly quick out the box on short grass and the Schumacher tyres are superb. The only other changes I made were bearings and 200, 500 shock oil front, back as recommended on here.