Mechanic AH

A Photo of Your Most Recent Tamiya RC/Build

14 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

Kyosho Outlaw Rampage Pro for my son. Super cool looking. 

D5A68B60-4A7B-4D49-9D7A-90B1BD0B258B.jpeg

848F95CC-B90C-43FA-8B42-62B1B322065F.jpeg

39C76D54-8209-4E16-AAE3-896FFF3F8C0A.jpeg

Very cool!  Been waiting for these to come back in stock @ Tower so I can can get one.  Already have an idea for the body, going with PS61 Metallic Orange and General Lee decals.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Raman36 said:

Kyosho Outlaw Rampage Pro for my son. Super cool looking. 

D5A68B60-4A7B-4D49-9D7A-90B1BD0B258B.jpeg

848F95CC-B90C-43FA-8B42-62B1B322065F.jpeg

39C76D54-8209-4E16-AAE3-896FFF3F8C0A.jpeg

Nice and simple look I love it

Dyna, again : ) Its the Kumamon Bears Offroad Buggy LOL

ku_ds_053.jpg

ku_ds_054.jpg

ku_ds_056.jpg

ku_ds_057.jpg

• Like 10

DSC_0082

Already posted in the Mark 2 thread. The custom stickers are great, really wish Tamiya would precut theirs! Easy build, looking forward to running it at the weekend. 

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

DSC_0082

Already posted in the Mark 2 thread. The custom stickers are great, really wish Tamiya would precut theirs! Easy build, looking forward to running it at the weekend. 

Well new Tamiya kits are now pre painted, pre cut Lexan and even some are now pre-built, pre cut stickers as well then you could just buy a pre-built body for RC car?. For this takes away the very idea off buying Tamiya kits that for me is to build it and, paint and cut. There are so many Tools that i bought that are useless if Tamiya keep this up.  So i will not buy a kit with anything Pre- in it ...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, simalarion said:

Well new Tamiya kits are now pre painted, pre cut Lexan and even some are now pre-built, pre cut stickers as well then you could just buy a pre-built body for RC car?. For this takes away the very idea off buying Tamiya kits that for me is to build it and, paint and cut. There are so many Tools that i bought that are useless if Tamiya keep this up.  So i will not buy a kit with anything Pre- in it ...

That's a lot of Subaru ImPREzas' you're going to miss out on.

And the Toyota PRErunner.

And who can forget the TRF417 V5 PREmium Pac, let alone the Hornet SuPREme.... :P

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, simalarion said:

So i will not buy a kit with anything Pre- in it ...

Completely get your point, it would just be nice not to have to cut out some of the more complicated shapes. I'm more than happy to paint and cut out bodies (would much rather do it myself even if at the time I'm wishing it was already done!) but cutting out the stickers seems a bit archaic now! 

• Like 1

Top Force with hicaps and hop ups ;)

Screenshot_20210327_203057.thumb.jpg.a8436e566ee2f52c3f09e998cfe5429b.jpg

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Wez-li said:

Top Force with hicaps and hop ups ;)

Screenshot_20210327_203057.thumb.jpg.a8436e566ee2f52c3f09e998cfe5429b.jpg

How is the steering ? Very sharp ? 

9 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

How is the steering ? Very sharp ? 

Not fitted electrics yet, but hopefully run it this afternoon or tomorrow :)

Since I'm done with my MST CFX (5 months build), I'm now working on my vintage Wild One. Done a few mods and custom work. I want it to be a "modern-classic" build with more improvements on the suspension than stock since the old dampers have leaks already. 

pSNm5Sgh.jpg

bj6ksJVh.jpg

• Like 3

Turbo Optima complete.  Not happy with the body so I'll use this as a runner.  I'll paint a second body in custom colors when I can source one.

TurboOptima2.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Killajb said:

Turbo Optima complete.  Not happy with the body so I'll use this as a runner.  I'll paint a second body in custom colors when I can source one.

TurboOptima2.jpg

I think it looks great @Killajb. Why are you unhappy with the body? I’m building a TO now myself and I was curious why you don’t like it. 

My latest build isn't a Tamiya, or even an rc car.

I have taken on the restoration of a 1975 Kavan Jet Ranger rc helicopter for a friend of mine. This last flew 20 years ago, the engine is siezed and everything is covered with old fuel and cobwebs.

I put a Lancia rally next to it to giva an idea of scale.

I'm looking forward to this one.

J

DSC_6323.JPG

DSC_6324.JPG

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Killajb said:

TurboOptima2.jpg

Looks superb to me can't see anything wrong with it? 

On 3/27/2021 at 3:57 AM, Luke76 said:

A few more recent completions. 

Nissan370Z.jpg

Mercedes_190E_Evo.jpg

These look sick. What paint range are these metallic colours from?

1 hour ago, Jonny Crumpet said:

These look sick. What paint range are these metallic colours from?

Those are just regular Tamiya PS paints. The Nissan was painted with PS-61 Metallic Orange followed by PS-7 Orange. The Mercedes was painted with PS-17 Metallic Green and PS-13 Gold, which were in fact the stock colors called for in the body instructions. 

@Room335 , @moffman   Thank you for your kind words.  There isn't anything really  "wrong" with it aside from a little spot here or there.. masking lines came out clean but were not completely straight going down the sides of the body towards the front.   Sounds like I'm being picky.. and I am.  I feel I can do a better job and I want to try to try a different color scheme to use with the gold chassis and gold aluminum wheels while sitting on the shelf.

8 hours ago, Killajb said:

@Room335 , @moffman   Thank you for your kind words.  There isn't anything really  "wrong" with it aside from a little spot here or there.. masking lines came out clean but were not completely straight going down the sides of the body towards the front.   Sounds like I'm being picky.. and I am.  I feel I can do a better job and I want to try to try a different color scheme to use with the gold chassis and gold aluminum wheels while sitting on the shelf.

Its always good to try another colour scheme👍 and I also thought the masking that you get with the kit is ok but not brilliant so I use a mixture of making my own and the kit masking 

20190713_222544.jpg

• Like 5