Jump to content
Mechanic AH

A Photo of Your Most Recent Tamiya RC/Build

Recommended Posts

This one is pretty much done, so figured I'd better add a photo to this thread.

51095835605_c6e55ff4e3_b.jpg

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, schlabinski said:

This one is pretty much done, so figured I'd better add a photo to this thread.

51095835605_c6e55ff4e3_b.jpg

What a perfect location for you photo. They could have hired you for... small detail transportation? :lol: 

Looking good!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not entirely Tamiya, but Billy got a new ride today to join Willy..  

IMG_Apr62021at50616PM.thumb.jpg.e994b1f65cb9983b6808640ed39261c5.jpg

IMG_Apr62021at51115PM.thumb.jpg.e1905f15d6ed75c2a8e3f7c163bc8d73.jpg

IMG_Apr62021at50953PM.thumb.jpg.fd62e11d80118b49c53da920d80604db.jpg

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooo... I went a different route with Bugsy... I really liked the way the "Amazon special" body looked and I liked the stance but it just didn't seem right to have a monster beetle that just had a plain white body. One of the things I loved about Bugsy was the look she had when I got into the bidding war on eBay for her. So I went back to the old school... IMG_20210412_111336.thumb.jpg.8923a7bb01aafedab936ef21b4702f7b.jpg

 

I'm not sure if I like the short course wheels and tires...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first build since my Super Champ back in 1984.  Went for halogen for the headlights and xenon for the spots.  Thanks to @svenb for the extra decals.

 

DSC_0289v4.jpeg

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Installed the 3D printed shovel and axe sets to complete the SWB and LWB Willy's I restored the last several weeks.  

IMG_Apr202021at52914PM.thumb.jpg.4d3777bb2d59e292b92e1ac31ad906b5.jpg

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

 

IMG_20210419_163801.jpg

IMG_20210419_163700.jpg

Lovely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been over 10 years since I've been around these neck of the woods!  And over 10 years since I've completed a build.  I decided to give an all new chassis a go.  I have to say, this was one of the most enjoyable builds I've ever completed.

IMG_0922.jpeg

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yoshimitsu - Is there supposed to be a small parting line where the fender meets the door?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Willy iine

For sure there's lots of detail panel lining on the boxart but no decals are supplied in the kit for this. The only area that there is provision for is the headlights..

I ran out of what I had but yes the door to front wing and bonnet are left to do.

It's the most persnickety of jobs, the headlights are a major challenge too.😬

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

@Willy iine

For sure there's lots of detail panel lining on the boxart but no decals are supplied in the kit for this. The only area that there is provision for is the headlights..

I ran out of what I had but yes the door to front wing and bonnet are left to do.

It's the most persnickety of jobs, the headlights are a major challenge too.😬

 

Ahhh..  nice job so far!   Sorry to be nitpicky... since you did such a detailed job thought I'd ask.    :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Ahhh..  nice job so far!   Sorry to be nitpicky... since you did such a detailed job thought I'd ask.    :lol:

 

In the interests of equilibrium being restored.😎

The bonnet and front wing are now picked out.

 

IMG_20210427_155054.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has been on hold for over 2 weeks now.

Got some of the bearings from my spare parts pile, but didn't have enough so ordered a complete kit at Asiatees and the package has been lost somewhere between the customs and my home...

51143935296_dcfc0f5be7_b.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yonzariq said:

Has been on hold for over 2 weeks now.

Got some of the bearings from my spare parts pile, but didn't have enough so ordered a complete kit at Asiatees and the package has been lost somewhere between the customs and my home...

 

Wow the clear chassis looks cool, I might think about that for mine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's got TLT axles, so maybe this counts as a Tamiya build ?? Custom chassis with several details to still finish up.

 

1980_K10.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, c64orinoco said:

Wow the clear chassis looks cool, I might think about that for mine.

I saw someone on here use it.

Was thinking the same at that moment and had the chassis in before I even ordered the kit :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TB-02 Carrera GT upgraded to TB-02R and then painted box art. Took a while to get weather good enough for painting, but it was worth the wait 

spacer.png

spacer.png 

Hmm, just noticed the LF and RR wheels are in the wrong corners :rolleyes:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2021 at 10:41 AM, Yoshimitsu said:

In the interests of equilibrium being restored.😎

The bonnet and front wing are now picked out.

 

IMG_20210427_155054.jpg

The panel lines add a lot to the body. How did you make them? I'd like to do the same to my tt01e mercedes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours to build the chassis and about 15 hours to complete the body :o.  Will admire it on the shelf for a few weeks before I let 'er rip haha

IMG_1080.jpeg

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still got much more to do, but this is how it sits at the moment...

IgeDBjJ.jpg

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest build I’ve completed and as seen on another thread a Knight Hauler...

44331ED5-ECC0-44D4-BA3C-3B61BB6D9E19.jpg

7135DD09-81BC-47AB-8A0D-62CA730B94AB.jpg

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...