Mechanic AH

A Photo of Your Most Recent Tamiya RC/Build

I wasn't a fan of the real trucks livery so I just made in orange and took liberties with the decals. I saw someone here leave part of the body clear and decided to do it on my build. It's stock besides bearings and Yeah Racing aluminum steering. 

20210709_093432.jpg

20210709_093621.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Glowingtomato said:

I wasn't a fan of the real trucks livery so I just made in orange and took liberties with the decals. I saw someone here leave part of the body clear and decided to do it on my build. It's stock besides bearings and Yeah Racing aluminum steering. 

20210709_093432.jpg

20210709_093621.jpg

Nice!

the clear bed came in super handy at my trucks first race night! Allowed the IR transponder to have a clear LOS. :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Glowingtomato said:

I wasn't a fan of the real trucks livery so I just made in orange and took liberties with the decals...

I love what you've done with the decals, they look ace! 👌

My latest one off..Willy Fast Time Attack Vehicle.   :lol:

My son designed the sticker on the spare.  

IMG_Jul142021at115244AM.thumb.jpg.0a9272335ca81e47df38c6d0a5651f93.jpg

IMG_Jul142021at115136AM.jpg.f8ef29f6abf9e54e91d90c74ecee67ae.jpg

IMG_Jul142021at121406PM.thumb.jpg.60442cc1f23948fbc14676c1a91ea6e0.jpg

IMG_Jul142021at121344PM.jpg.27da641e64de1d9f9d2acfe5ec544e87.jpg

IMG_Jul142021at115121AM.jpg.0f7c4540ad2dfa2980defece04837e83.jpg

IMG_Jul142021at115214AM.jpg.eb97f8a32ca7d6f855d871c5ba2a5ddd.jpg

IMG_Jul152021at63358PM.thumb.jpg.5a6dcbb0bf65d4619c6c88780ba4f82b.jpg

• Like 15

This 911 GT1 was supposed to be a completely different paint scheme, but some careless sanding of the wheel arches left me with some scuff marks on the inside of the shell. I figured the large decals of the LeMans GT1 would hide them, but I wanted to change up the color scheme. MCI to the rescue! Wasn't sure how this would turn out but I'm pretty happy with the results. Hopefully this doesn't offend the Porsche purists!

gt1g.jpg

gt1e.jpg

gt1c.jpg

• Like 21

20 minutes ago, Room335 said:

This 911 GT1 was supposed to be a completely different paint scheme, but some careless sanding of the wheel arches left me with some scuff marks on the inside of the shell. I figured the large decals of the LeMans GT1 would hide them, but I wanted to change up the color scheme. MCI to the rescue! Wasn't sure how this would turn out but I'm pretty happy with the results. Hopefully this doesn't offend the Porsche purists!

gt1g.jpg

gt1e.jpg

gt1c.jpg

WOW WOW WOW

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TA08 PRO very nice and even first run out it felt good on the track.. Next up the Landfreeder Quad :)

58693 Tamiya TA08PRO Build Review Setup tips (165).jpg

58693 Tamiya TA08PRO Build Review Setup tips (173).jpg

58693 Tamiya TA08PRO Build Review Setup tips (174).jpg

58693 Tamiya TA08PRO Build Review Setup tips Cover.jpg

• Like 8

Finished my TF Evo

had a few projects before this so it’s been sat waiting since just after Xmas 

jvVabv3.jpg

RKs4zl2.jpg

kPVixrV.jpg

JJ

• Like 15

20 hours ago, Problemchild said:

Finished my TF Evo

had a few projects before this so it’s been sat waiting since just after Xmas 

jvVabv3.jpg

JJ

Beautiful!

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 4:27 PM, Room335 said:

gt1c.jpg

👍👍👏👏👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ferrari F60 F1 done! Photo taken just before its first run today. Lovely car, nice and scale and runs like a little red rocket! I've resigned myself to the fact it's going to collect lots of scratches underneath as the full size do too I figure :)...

She's running a stock silver can and ni-mh which is plenty fast enough and bearings all round.

Have a spare body on the way from the USA so I can use one for driving and one for display.

First F1 for many many years (first was a road wizard with a technigold) and this one is all class in my books. I love it! 

Cheers 

Kurt

20210801_105609.jpg

• Like 12

Here is a Grasshopper chassis with a Sport Tuned 540 and bearings. That is an RJ Speed Sportsman body and Bolink wheels with foam tires. There are also oil shocks on the rear. She goes pretty good-gonna run her at a local r/c road course soon.

100_0347.JPG

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Beetlemankurt said:

Ferrari F60 F1 done! Photo taken just before its first run today. Lovely car, nice and scale and runs like a little red rocket! I've resigned myself to the fact it's going to collect lots of scratches underneath as the full size do too I figure :)...

She's running a stock silver can and ni-mh which is plenty fast enough and bearings all round.

Have a spare body on the way from the USA so I can use one for driving and one for display.

First F1 for many many years (first was a road wizard with a technigold) and this one is all class in my books. I love it! 

Cheers 

Kurt

20210801_105609.jpg

That was fast! It's amazing, well done.

• Thanks 1

Here is an RJ Speed 3.2 pan car with a 962 body. It does use a Tamiya Torque Tuned 540. So far it is a blast to just bash around a parking lot. The TT 540 gives it enough speed for a good quick sprint down the straights.

100_0352.JPG

• Like 2

@Glowingtomato

Any chance we could have some close ups on the engine area, it looks great and I’m quite keen to build one but wanted to detail a bit in that area.

Thanks Nick

Here you go........This car is very quick with just a Torque Tuned 540-I also installed AVID bearings on the rear axle and the front wheels.  The ESC is a Hobbywing 1060 brushed model. So far the cheapie Traxxas TQ radio is doing the job. The servo saver gives it an Ackerman effect on the steering, which uses steering rods from a Traxxas Rustler.  I have an ARRMA 20T motor and a 15t motor in case anyone gets too close.......Thanks for the interest!!!

100_0355.JPG

• Like 1

A few more tips: This car goes best on the smoothest pavement you can find-and those foam RJ Speed tires give it just the right amount of traction to enable you to do whatever you want with the car. The steering rods supplied with the kit will work-and, I believe, are required in a lot of spec RJS classes-but these are a little bit beefier. This car is basically gonna be a basher-a local track does have an open brushed class for folks like me.

20210828_133258.jpg

20210828_133316.jpg

Added a black trim line around windscreen border and smoke to the windscreen. Added Xtra Speed aluminium A5 and B8 replacement parts. Added Yeah Racing DF-03 universal shafts. Added stainless suspension pins. Added ball bearings throughout except thrust bearings. Running the kit TBLE-02S and a Torque Tuned motor.

• Like 7

On 8/27/2021 at 4:19 AM, TurboTimmy said:

Here you go........This car is very quick with just a Torque Tuned 540-I also installed AVID bearings on the rear axle and the front wheels.  The ESC is a Hobbywing 1060 brushed model. So far the cheapie Traxxas TQ radio is doing the job. The servo saver gives it an Ackerman effect on the steering, which uses steering rods from a Traxxas Rustler.  I have an ARRMA 20T motor and a 15t motor in case anyone gets too close.......Thanks for the interest!!!

100_0355.JPG

Not a Tamiya but cool! I hear these pan cars are bare bone, super simple but insanely fast and fun. Which body will you be using?

Also would you be able to get an accurate measurement of the width for the front and rear with the kit foam tires? If you could that would be awesome... 🙏

For bashing I use the 962 body. Eventually I will paint and finish the NASCAR body that came with the kit. That one will be used for track events as I expect it to get knocked around a bit. The width of the rear is 197mm and the front measures 190mm. The overall length without a body is 343mm and the wheelbase on this particular chassis is at its longest setting at 270mm. This pan can have three settings for wheelbase-and I think the shortest one measures 260mm. The front A -arms are moved back or forward-and, of course, you must move the steering servo accordingly. Mine has a permanent setting that uses servo mounts and two screws from one of my Tamiya kits because I don't like using only two sided tape to secure it.

Thanx for the interest. I hope this info helped. Pan cars are a blast-but they work best on the smoothest pavement. 

100_0357.JPG

• Like 1

A while ago I put together a Plasma Edge TT 02B and ran it a few times on dirt. Then I decided to try it on pavement with different tires and wheels. I was very happy with its performance, so I changed the pinion gear to 22t and added a Sport Tuned 540. I also found a Dual Ridge body and changed the entire look of the car.  Now it has a kind of 4WD Indy car look to it.......The Xceed foam tires seem to work rather well.

100_0361.JPG

Porsche 956 body (Tamiya 51491) on a Kyosho Fantom. Pretty excited to see this one come together.

DFDAC137-A14F-4318-B6F4-AB5570D24DEA.jpeg

• Like 3