Sign in to follow this  
Fabia130vRS

46305 Tamiya QD Sport Peugeot 206 WRC

It looks about the same. I understand how to mount the motor, but the rhing is where should I find this kind of pinion? Any chance the pinion of a lunchbox fits?

8 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

It looks about the same. I understand how to mount the motor, but the rhing is where should I find this kind of pinion? Any chance the pinion of a lunchbox fits?

You use the original pinion from the old motor. Press it off the old shaft and gently tap to correct height on new brushless motor. 

If you don't have one?. I'm sorry, I have no idea where to buy them. 

I may have a spare one somewhere.

On 12/25/2020 at 1:12 AM, wolfdogstinkus said:

You use the original pinion from the old motor. Press it off the old shaft and gently tap to correct height on new brushless motor. 

If you don't have one?. I'm sorry, I have no idea where to buy them. 

I may have a spare one somewhere.

I do not own the old pinion, thats such a shame. 
Do you mind having a look for it ? would be very thankful, as I have contacted Tonys Tamiya parts, and no luck.

today I test fited the new electronics, its both taken out of its plastic cast and put on the QD.

a Flysky reciever and a 90s old LRP Foraward revers plus. Marked as 60A brushed esc.

fits nice I must say, the next thing now is take the esc to a frind so that he can solder new wires into the old motherboard to replace to old over short ones.

a motor I have found on ebay, should be good for a brushed mabuchi 280 can ?

bGZZjWu.jpg

the ESCs heat sink location fits nice into the ventilation opening

Oi6R9xU.jpg

• Like 1

are you maybe selling that silver can with the pinion?

shipping to Croatia should be about 6-10GBP in bubble wrap letter. No tracking needed. 

I'm pretty sure that is a spare one. I'll look into how to post it, I've never posted anything overseas myself yet.

Wow that would be amazing!

@wolfdogstinkus let me know, I tried to send you a private message but seems your inbox is full.

I even might have the motor cover... I remeer having it in my spare parts box last 2 years wondering why does the motor cover not fit on the  DT01?? :D

not knowing it was from the QD, now I am not sure if I have binned it.

so this build is still a thing. I am suprising myself that I am tinkering with this... but it is like a bad diseas (God forbid) IT is groing on to me.

Liking how it came, up, I took m old LRP 60A nimh esc and installd new wire, as its 10years old, or more you can tell by how short the wire were.

still working great. strange esc I never liked, it does not come with a on/off switch and sometimes messes up the calibration after not using it long.

but hey I like LRP so here you go.

ogS0Vy4.jpg

new wires solderd.

0aYAiyc.jpg

in the car... I decided to go with this kind of connector.

7WC5YFg.jpg

jtDQxj6.jpg

I need to find the motor cover, I have it somewhere... I thought its off a dt01 but never actually fitted on my dt01... the cover was actuall of this car.

nDgnD3N.jpg

o6zSeyT.jpg