Ok so I feel a bit daft. My 7 year old daughter is reading a series of books called "code". Every now and then they have a code to solve at the end. I am rubbish at this sort of thing and I have looked and looked and can't see a pattern. This is not good for me self confidence as I am sure you can understand, but there you go.

Can anyone crack the code?

IMG_20201213_185747.jpg

• Like 1

Some guys just cracked the Zodiac code after +50 years... is this coincident?

• Haha 2

Is it actually a code, or more of a reading exercise? I have seen similar pseudo-words used to test a child's knowledge of phoneme/grapheme correspondence.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Is it actually a code, or more of a reading exercise? I have seen similar pseudo-words used to test a child's phoneme/grapheme correspondence.

Oh man! You might be right!

I was assuming it was simple letter replacement code,  so for example kive becomes five, whosk becomes whisk, and then you use the letters you replaced to make a word.  But that doesn't seem to work. I've come unstuck with treelt and koopie.........

7 minutes ago, MadInventor said:

I was assuming it was simple letter replacement code,  so for example kive becomes five, whosk becomes whisk, and then you use the letters you replaced to make a word.  But that doesn't seem to work. I've come unstuck with treelt and koopie.........

Me too. I thought I was going mad, but I think @TurnipJF has nailed it

I’ve no idea? I’ll have to phone a friend or ask my kids when I get home...