Sign in to follow this  
t3garett

Team academy pro griffin

Hi all 

Thought I d show you this, I haven t posted about my rc cars for a long time so here goes ! 

I bought this team academy griffin pro in very pour shape, rusted turnbuckles, jammed shocks, broken front bulkhead and a split chassis.... I  only bought it because it had an orbital motor and novak esc. 

But I ve managed to restore it !!! Managed to find a new chassis and bulkhead and a new gear cover thanks to taffer in England (cheers mate !) 

A new body is impossible to find as are the decals so I painted the body from the outside and painted some stickers. What do you all think ??? 

20201214_190122.jpg

• Like 2

That is a nice buggy! Nice work getting it back to running condition. I've also wanted one of those to add to my Academy collection which consists of a GV2. :D It's really hard to find parts for them.

Wow you have a gv2 !!! Respect ! I d love one of them. I ve managed to get an sbv2 and a new body for it !!!

That's fantastic! I forgot, I also have an SB Sport. I made a few modifications...AE shocks, upgraded motor mount, bearings. I think I replaced the ball diff screw with something thicker too since the originals were so thin and snapped if you accidentally over-tightened them. :D 

Could you show us some pics ??? I d be really glad to see some other team academies ! It s difficult finding info and even pictures of them.

Yes, of course. The pics can be found in my showroom using the link in my posts. The SB Sport pic is super old but it looks the same now as it does then.

img18_86200464544_1.jpg

img18_27102008040846_1.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the photos !!! The gv2 looks fantastic. Did the sb sport come before or after the svb2 ??? 

Also I just bought a new built un painted  academy wyvern last night !!!! Can t wait for it to arrive so if anyone has any info or parts I m all ears.

The SB Sport came before the sbv2. The Sport was pretty basic and the sbv2 had many upgrades. Let's see the Wyvern when you get it! I'm excited too!

I ll be sure to post a few pics of the wyvern on arrival ! 

I ll send some pics of the sbv2 when I start rebuilding it but I m waiting for the "carbon conversion " kit to arrive first ( managed to grab one !!!) I ll also be restoring my cat xls "fat cat" team tanapan during the christmas holidays so lots of photos to come. Thanks very much for the info and photos.

Hi it was the nickname given to the cat xls/xl/swb when equipped with the parma cat body which was very wide to enable bigger batteries and better weight distribution. Generaly it was fitted to cars with modified chassis (larger/longer) like team tanapan chassis.  Here is a photo of the one I m going to restore

20201116_114718.jpg

I took the griffin pro out for the first time today and wow ! What a surprising car ! I thought it would handle poorly like a sand viper or a madcap or something and be tail happy and all over the place but I was totaly mistaken. It is a real compétition car which is very well balanced, jumps near to perfection (jumps flat no nose diving) lands perfectly an is extremly composed. With the 12t orbital it flies !!! The pro shocks are really smooth and the slipper seems to work well. It is much more like my schumacher fireblade evo and fireblade usa and that s saying something !!! So I m well pleased and most of all well surprised. Academy products now have my respect. 

• Like 2