Sign in to follow this  
Juhunio

TB02 Carbon Chassis Conversion

I've got a TB02 in the works that I'm thinking of converting to a CF chassis using these Fibre Lyte parts

1535779541_Screenshot2020-12-16at10_37_55.thumb.png.47aa7439ee06d77d7fc39b15066593a7.png

But I can't figure out what plastic parts I will need (if any??) to replace the areas of the tub chassis that hold the battery, support the spur gear / drive shaft etc

spacer.png

The two CF chassis kits I have built so far have come with a plastic parts tree for those structural elements, so I'm assuming this will need something similar but could well be wrong, so,...

Has anybody done this conversion using the FL parts, or has the expert knowledge and could shed some light?

Cheers, J

Fibre Lyte only provide the carbon fibre parts, nothing else. At least this is what I've seen from my dealings with them. That being said they are very good to work with, and I'd definitely do business with them again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Fibre Lyte only provide the carbon fibre parts, nothing else. At least this is what I've seen from my dealings with them. That being said they are very good to work with, and I'd definitely do business with them again.

Yeah I know, hence asking here if anyone knew what else was needed as well as the FL parts

1 minute ago, Juhunio said:

Yeah I know, hence asking here if anyone knew what else was needed as well as the FL parts

Hmm. I realized that I may have misread what you were asking after I had responded. Apologies for any confusion caused :)

I would need to check later but I'd say you'd need the aluminium motor mount along with a tb evo III top deck support which sits near the front of the chassis. 

• Like 1

Looks like the tb evo 1 2 & 3 battery holders fit. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, svenb said:

I would need to check later but I'd say you'd need the aluminium motor mount along with a tb evo III top deck support which sits near the front of the chassis. 

That was my initial hunch, to get an Evo III motor mount (58299), J Parts (50989) and A Parts (50988).

But the Evo III lower deck has holes drilled in it to host the A part (deck support) and J Parts (Battery Holders) which aren't in the Fibre Lyte plates.

spacer.png

I can't see how you could attach the necessary parts to those FL plates without drilling a load of extra holes...unless I'm missing something obvious?

Appreciate the help, more needed!! 

My tb02d that I just built came with basically an extra tree of parts to use with a carbon chassis install.   i'll see if i can take some pics.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sweatpants said:

My tb02d that I just built came with basically an extra tree of parts to use with a carbon chassis install.   i'll see if i can take some pics.

Great, thank you!

The only spare bits I can see in a TB02D kit to use for a carbon chassis might be these!? Same as a tb evo III 🤔

Screenshot_20210101-121838~2.png

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 4:07 PM, Sweatpants said:

Hi there. Did you get around to taking any pics of your TB02 carbon chassis install? I've checked the TB02D manual and its a standard tub chassis, so it would be interesting to hear how you went about your carbon chassis install. Cheers!

On 1/1/2021 at 12:15 PM, svenb said:

Did you get any further with this @Juhunio?

Nope!

Yeah, I'm sure the Evo3 route is an option, buying the Evo 3 plates, motor mount, J Parts and A Parts.....

But I'm intrigued by the Fibre Lyte TB02 plates and how they can possibly work without any drilled holes for the J and A parts, or equivalent. Someone must know!

sorry friends, i have a large bin of plastic trees from my builds, and i cant find the ones i was talking about anywhere!