TanvirQDS

Quick Drive Series 46300 cars

Hi All,

I'm new here, names Tan.

So I was clearing out my parents attic and found my old Scooby (46301) Evo (46306) and RS (46312) so decided to relive my childhood/ early adulthood by charging them up and having a rip in my spare time (which I think we all have a bit of during this pandemic)

Anyway long story short, the Evo wont turn left and responds to the transmitter sporadically- which makes it seem like its nuts! - a quick visual check shows no signs of damage to the steering mech but i have yet to open it up and take a closer look.

The Scooby wont turn on, no matter how many different battery packs i have tried (all known to work by the way) and its transmitter wont turn on either. Same quick visual shows no damage but i havent opened it up yet- plan on tackling the Evo first as at least it runs.

I have tried to look through old posts and came across the one (By CoolHands, January 18, 2003 in Vintage Tamiya Discussion) called "Where can I find out about QuickDrives?" which miramar helpfully posted a link to an older post (http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1738) but this link is dead.

Can anyone help me/ point me to where i should be looking for more info on how to repair them? any helpful keywords, or phrases? 

Or anyone who owns these cars too and has been able to restore them and could share how they did it?

Many thanks to all and happy RCing!

Photos (1).zip

Did you leave batteries in them whilst they were in storage? If so blackrot can cause all sorts of issues.

If you want to sell one for parts let me know

you have under 46305 my topic about my Quick drive. i was missing full electronics and am switching to a normal 1:10 esc and reciever

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 2:24 AM, kalsh said:

Did you leave batteries in them whilst they were in storage? If so blackrot can cause all sorts of issues.

Hi Kalsh,

no i took the batteries out, but i have found the problem - the transmitter PCBs are FUBAR. So i need new ones, thankfully the cars all work great still, but now i only have one transmitter to run all three of them so cant race anyone :(

On 12/31/2020 at 7:53 AM, Fabia130vRS said:

If you want to sell one for parts let me know

you have under 46305 my topic about my Quick drive. i was missing full electronics and am switching to a normal 1:10 esc and reciever

I might have to do that too if i cant get a standard transmitter for the cars, as i found they are the problem- the PCB on both transmitters are gone/ faulty. If anyone has a transmitter with the 3 channel ABC i would love to have it.