Rusty Spanner

Best non-buggy, brushless basher?

Hiya!

Looking for some advice on my next Tamiya build. 

I have a TT02B and M05-ra which are fine on smoother stuff, happy with those. 

I also have a Lunchbox, which is far, far more suited to the terrain I have locally and my favourite by far.

It has a few upgrades, shocks, Sport Tuned and  has a lovely balance of sillyness and speed. I don't want to overpower and ruin it.  

So for my next build I'd  like something 2wd, decent ground clearance and tough enough to handle some light bashing with a mild brushless set up. 

I've considered the Blitzer Beetle,  DT-03 Arquoshot & DT-02 Nissan Titan. Another option is the G6-01, which looks fun. Would these be up to the job? Anythig else you'd recommend? 

All suggestions extremely welcome, thanks in advance. 

DT02 is a great badger and easy to modify without spending too much. But to be honest any of the one you mention are good bashers. WT01 will go anywhere or even a wild dagger/twin detonator if you can find one. The WT01 Is versatile too you can upgrade to 4 wheel steering or even twin motor 4wd. Longer show CL and shock mounts are an option too when you want to give it more abuse but even as stock you will have fun with it. The only other thing to think about is battery fitment. Depending on what you plan to run. DT02 is more lipo friendly but there are options on all of them.

All the suggested options are supplied with gearboxes rugged enough to take brushless power without issue. However the best handling one of the bunch in my experience is the DT-03T. Plenty of kick-up, no bump steer issues and supplied with oil shocks in the box.

• Like 2

Aqroshot with Schumacher Vee2 + Vee4 tyres. 3500-4500kv motor is a pretty decent runner. The stock tyres are next to useless off road. 

• Like 1

Cheers folks, lots to think about!

Potentially stupid question - I really like the look of the Kyosho Beetle and have always planned to own one 'some day'.  How would this compare durability wise to the Tamiya chassis mentioned above? No skateparks or anything daft, just some mild bashing in the local park.