Nova1

Top 5 Re-release wish list

On 12/20/2020 at 2:53 AM, Superluminal said:

Good shout on that one! Hopefully with some of the long discontinued 90s house brick touring car bodies to go with it (primera, volvo, alfa, mondeo etc etc)

This is really likely now, at least the Mondeo since I just paid double what a body normally costs to get the L and L Mondeo 

• Sad 2

• TR-15T
  • Dyna Storm
  • Dyna Blaster
  • Whatever is good for you...
  • and you.

Doesnt need any more : )

On 12/20/2020 at 1:39 AM, Grumpy pants said:

Just a King Cab for me with the Super Astute gearbox, although the Extreme Blackfoot is a good shout as well.

Just 3

-King Cab and Hi-lux Monster Racers w/re-re SA trans please

-Blazing Blazer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, Ill throw my personal opinion. HAHA

!. TRF 201 with all upgrade options

2. TRF 501/502/503/511

3. DB01 RRR

4. Orig willy

5. PARTS SUPPORT

• Like 1

1. King Cab (TTC Tranny)

2. Hilux Racer (TTC Tranny)

3. Super Blackfoot

4. Dyna Blaster

5. Tamiya Toyota Prerunner, S10, F150

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2020 at 4:19 PM, Finnsllc said:

PARTS SUPPORT

!. PARTS SUPPORT

2. PARTS SUPPORT

3. PARTS SUPPORT

4. PARTS SUPPORT

5. PARTS SUPPORT

^FTFY :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Falcon

Bear Hawk

F103RS MP4/13

F102 FW14 (Williams)

TamTech Frog/Fox/Hotshot (big brothers need their little brothers)

1. Falcon!

2. Refer to number 1 above

3. Refer to 1 & 2 above

4. Refer to 1, 2 & 3 above

5. Refer to 1, 2, 3 & 4 above

Bring it on (with some durability improvements but keeping its soul please Mr Tamiya!

Cheers

Merry Christmas everyone!

Kurt

1. Original Hilux 3 Speed

2. Blazing Blazer

3. Ford F-150 SRB

4. 959 / Celica Gr. B

5. 30th Anniv TA05 Porsche 934

6. Original Holiday Buggy rear tyres

I'm not a huge collector, but there are a handful of Tamiya vehicles I would buy immediately if they were re-released.

1. Bear Hawk
  2. Original Audi Quattro Rally
  3. Nissan R91CP (Group C)

So for me:

1. Hotshot II

2. TXT-1

3. Optima Mid :ph34r:

4. Hummer 

But for number 5 I'd like this........

Call it a Juggernaut III, or Clod Buster IV, but I think this should be Tamiya's next solid axle monster truck :)

SAM_2772.jpg

Basically a Juggernaut 2 chassis with clod tires and a clod buster shell, but with the following changes:

Longer gearbox output shaft to enable use of heavy duty drive shafts.

SAM_2807.jpg

Heavy duty drive shafts to replace the brass jobs.

SAM_2842.jpg

High Lift dampers all round. use grasshopper front springs inside them for the front suspension, so that 4 link can be used on the front for good articulation. Leaf springs on the back to counteract torque twist.

SAM_2864.jpg

Behind the axle steering on the front (yes, this can be achieved with entirely stock parts :) )

SAM_2870.jpg

Heavy duty steel front axle guard (4 link lower links connect onto this.)

SAM_2902.jpg

Rear underguard with behind the axle steering lockout.

SAM_2937.jpg

I think this would make a good release. It's combination of retro, but with performance updates that improve reliability and off road capability. The old Juggs were just too roll happy with the rounded deep lug tires, clod tires work so much better, and I just prefer the look of the chevy body to the ford F350 shell.

• Like 4

1. Hot Shot II

2. Dirt Thrasher

3. Taisan Starcard Porsche 911GT2

4. Super Hornet

5. Mad Bull

• Like 1

1. Hotshot II

2. Blazing Star

3. Terra Conqueror

4. Falcon

5. Dyna Storm

I could think of a few more but these are on my hit list. 

• Like 1

I hope they've sold a ton of Terra Scorchers and VQS and decide to pull something really cool out of their hat for this year. 

I really wouldn't mind some proper blister pack goodness in the form of a King Cab, Top Force Evolution, Dyna Storm, Dyna Blaster. Not that they would, but a DB01RRR with 80's artwork on the box would be appreciated as well.  

• Thanks 1

1. Sand Scorcher - I'd buy one this time

2. SuperShot

3. NovaFox

4. The Frog

5. Wild One

3 and 5 are almost solely for the parts.

• Like 2

..... Wasting my first vote on - wishing someone INFLUENTIAL at Tamiya actually SEEING this!!! 

2) KING CAB (Depressed about having to sell my original)

3) King Blackfoot (DITTO!)

4) Mondeo, and others from the era (was deep into Trucks and Buggy Racing in the 80's and 90's. TOTALLY missed all the awesome TC Racing)

5) Wild One! (I'm so BUMMED that I missed the first, second and third releases. 😞😭😭😭) I'VE GOT THE *******IN MONEY FINALLY!!! Tamiya - take it! 😜

5.5).... I'd love to have a chance to get a Mad Bull. Just seems like the most fun you can have with your pants on! 😂

1: Falcon- I've been wanting to get one lately, but since these are pretty fragile cars from what I've heard, I'd feel better with a hopefully improved re-re. 

2:  B2B sidecar- One of the most unique R/C models ever made, and it's one of the oldest models that haven't been re-re'd.

3: Older F1 bodies- I know licensing will be the main issue here, but I'd love to see some more of the 90's F1 stuff come back. 

4: RC10- Team Associated should take a second shot at an RC10 Re-Re. As long has it's got the stealth transmission in it, I'd put a pre-order it. 

5: Another company to do some re-releases: Personally I think Losi will do one at some point, but I'd love for a Traxxas SRT re-release. This was arguably the most competitive racer Traxxas ever put out, and I've been looking for one for quite a while now. It shouldn't be too difficult to re-re, since most of the parts are what formed the Rustler, Slash, and Stampede.  

Too many to list, so categorically:

1.  All the RM / F1 / Group C / F103GT cars

2.  All the TA02T stadium trucks (Toyota Prerunner, Chevy S10, Ford F150)

I was going to ask for all the American road cars as well, but Tamiya has only released two over its history -- the Mustang Cobra R and the SVT F150 Lightning.  There are no Chevy or Chrysler releases, and just those two Ford releases.  As I look at my stash of AMT and Revell static model kits, I wish Tamiya would release some American hot rods, pickup trucks, muscle cars, and sports cars as new releases!  I'm looking for third and fourth-gen Camaros, C4 Corvette, Dodge Viper, Ford 'New Edge" SVT Mustangs, Pontiac Fiero GT, Buick Grand National GNX, etc. in addition to the classics from the 50s/60s/70s.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

......I was going to ask for all the American road cars as well, but Tamiya has only released two over its history -- the Mustang Cobra R and the SVT F150 Lightning.  There are no Chevy or Chrysler releases, and just those two Ford releases.  As I look at my stash of AMT and Revell static model kits, I wish Tamiya would release some American hot rods, pickup trucks, muscle cars, and sports cars as new releases!  I'm looking for third and fourth-gen Camaros, C4 Corvette, Dodge Viper, Ford 'New Edge" SVT Mustangs, Pontiac Fiero GT, Buick Grand National GNX, etc. in addition to the classics from the 50s/60s/70s.

I honestly believe that was a missed opportunity. People all over the World have imported and collected these Cars - and most People appreciate having a miniature of their Ride...

And they look so cool too!!!

My list would look like this:

1: Optima Turbo Gold - In my opinion probably the most beautiful chassis of any RC car. 

That's the only one I'm gutted for not having got already, so the rest are in no particular order:

2: 959/Celica 

3: Hotshot 2

4: Egress

5: Monster Racer with TTC:  as it happens, I'm building one of these at the moment. Will post it up in the builds section in a bit :)