108a6ec9-4406-45f0-837kuz.jpeg

a905c755-13aa-4ce4-btpkxn.jpeg

4b4eca7a-4da1-4dda-9tbk9d.jpeg

3631a037-0ed8-4465-b7xj5e.jpeg

678376ab-c1d2-4606-a4qj6m.jpeg

4a18c3b2-e9cd-4321-9n9kxu.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Assembling the low friction ballcups and the turnbuckles is tough. This time I wouldn't have made it without grease. I am sure they will jump of the ballstud as soon as I adjust camber :wacko:

The build progress so far:

9a041109-bc94-423b-8tqjde.jpeg

Adding the bling... :

76fcad2f-dd6a-44f5-887jk6.jpeg

3c38dfc3-9f32-4976-93sk3a.jpeg

26dacbea-64ec-4a31-8tbkk7.jpeg

... and the good looking motor from the catalogue pictures:

ac4b11ce-6d56-4b74-ampktl.jpeg

041626fe-149e-4f5d-8khku4.jpeg

Not much left to install, but the bumper, servo plate, battery mount and tires. The decal on the gearcover is one final touch I like very much. I forgot to make pictures of the last build steps, so lets switch directly to the finished chassis:

2331f1b3-7f55-435b-9aykh8.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@wtcc5 Is the CF or Alumininium version of the M3 Part something you'd get, if you weren't serious into Racing?? How about the CF Rear Suspension Braces? Or the J17 Damper Bellcranks? (I am Ball Racing everything I can in the Front Suspension. I'm just too OCD about SLOP!!)   Just curious. 

My FF-03 should arrive Friday or Monday!!! 😁😁  I'm absolutely busting apart to dig into it! 

I'm trying not to be a PAIN! I'm just excited!!

• Like 1

That looks so SAHWEET!!! 😊💯👍👍 

I MAY splurge on one set of TRF Shocks. 😳  Call it morbid curiosity, or the big Kid in me!! 

ONE more question I promise!!!  What's your opinion on the Stock Tyres?

If I weren’t serious into racing, than I would drive the car stock. Except for the driveshafts.

The stock damper bellcranks can use ballbearings. There are just not in the box.

I am done with judging people tuning cheap plastic tub chassis, since I got the virus :lol: So do as you like as long as you share it with us :P Same goes for the questions: Better ask twice than feel sorry for buying the wrong item.

The stock tires and rims should stay in the box until you decide to shelf the car one day. Their performance is terrible anyway. Go for an affordable racing pre glued set (non-Tamiya), like Volante V8T (also comes with spoke wheels). These perform and look good and it doesn’t hurt to throw them away later.

• Thanks 1

Thanks!! I'm not one to build bog standard... There WILL be upgrading!  It's just been YEARS since I've been able to actually spend money.

Before I go Hog Wild, I want to start RIGHT.  And.... given that Tamiya has always been notorious for CRAP Tyres, I should have just answered that one myself!! 😜 

I've been itching to get into the FF World because they've fascinated me since the moment I first saw one.  And I recently discovered that I really like driving FWD Cars! 😊

I LOVE my Blue Aluminum. I'll probably end up going through at least half the Hopup List - and may not even stop there!! 😜  Main thing is - I'm in a City with practically NO On-Road RC Culture...... And I'm almost 57, and Disabled. I don't think I have the Reaction Time anymore anyway. 

This time, I'm in it for the pure enjoyment of the Hobby!!  I haven't even got my first FF-03 Kit yet (Friday to Tuesday at the latest)..... 

And I'm ALREADY thinking about where I'm going to source my first FF-01 from!!! 😁😜  I'm certain I've got some sort of infection - and building Cars again is the cure!!

• Like 1

YES.... One more question Please! 😉 

Being SOLD OUT all over the World (DUH), I got the Yeah Racing Sealed Gear Diff Kit. It also fits TA-06... and M07 - which I'm definitely getting. 😁 

Anyway, typically BAD Instruction 1/4 Page.... This Kit comes with a 50T and 52T Carrier (Spur) Gear..... 

WHICH Gear is for the FF-03?  And I sincerely appreciate the Help you've been giving me!!

29 minutes ago, Carmine A said:

YES.... One more question Please! 😉 

Being SOLD OUT all over the World (DUH), I got the Yeah Racing Sealed Gear Diff Kit. It also fits TA-06... and M07 - which I'm definitely getting. 😁 

Anyway, typically BAD Instruction 1/4 Page.... This Kit comes with a 50T and 52T Carrier (Spur) Gear..... 

WHICH Gear is for the FF-03?  And I sincerely appreciate the Help you've been giving me!!

52T ;)

• Thanks 1

Thank you! I'll guess that the 50T will be for the M07.  Ya know, this time, I would have actually gotten the Tamiya Diff.... 

But it's just not available! 😖😞  Well, I've been using Yeah Racing Parts for over 20 years. There's a modification or two needed at times (like on the Shocks, I always replace the O-Rings with Team Associated X-Rings), but they have been excellent, non Competition Upgrades! 

I am getting at least ONE set of TRF Shocks... I just really need to know. 😉

Gotta start a thread soon! 😉  EVERYTHING is about to change over here. My Inheritance is only Weeks away.... And "Life 2.0" is finally about to begin!!! 😁💲😊💰😁 

Ladies and Gentlemen, there's about to be a MASSIVE Shopping List coming my way. I'm going to attack Shopping like a Teenage Girl in a Shoe Store during a Sale!!!! 😜😂😅😂 

BTW........ Even though I've built a LOT of RCs since 1984, I could NOT get that Ball Diff together!! 😖😲😭 Is it that much of a PITA, or was I just doing it wrong?? 

I also got a Gear Diff (thank GOD!!)... I wanted to do the Ball Diff, just so I could have a running Chassis - while waiting for the FF-03 Evo Gearbox Case to finally arrive from CHINA!!! 😳😭😠😠😠  Gotta build her with Dogbones too... Don't have CVDs, and can't get them yet.

My Friends, I hope you Guys are happy and healthy!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Carmine A said:

Gotta start a thread soon! 😉  EVERYTHING is about to change over here. My Inheritance is only Weeks away.... And "Life 2.0" is finally about to begin!!! 😁💲😊💰😁 

Ladies and Gentlemen, there's about to be a MASSIVE Shopping List coming my way. I'm going to attack Shopping like a Teenage Girl in a Shoe Store during a Sale!!!! 😜😂😅😂 

BTW........ Even though I've built a LOT of RCs since 1984, I could NOT get that Ball Diff together!! 😖😲😭 Is it that much of a PITA, or was I just doing it wrong?? 

I also got a Gear Diff (thank GOD!!)... I wanted to do the Ball Diff, just so I could have a running Chassis - while waiting for the FF-03 Evo Gearbox Case to finally arrive from CHINA!!! 😳😭😠😠😠  Gotta build her with Dogbones too... Don't have CVDs, and can't get them yet.

My Friends, I hope you Guys are happy and healthy!!

LOL the ball diff really isnt that bad.  just get the layers right and pre prep everything so its all ready.

• Thanks 1

So after refurbing my ff03 i have realized that the spur gear hub is junk.  what a wobble.

Does anyone have a line on the tamiya aluminum one.  I dont understand why it was discontinued.

HElp!

• Sad 1

@Sweatpants Yeah, that is a real pain! The same part with a larger bore is available for the TT02 and Tb03. If you buy a tube with an inner diameter of 4mm and outer diameter 5mm, you can use 54094. That is all I know to this topic.

@Carmine A Congrats man! Looking forward to your builds! Just stay calm enough to read the manual xD

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Sweatpants said:

So after refurbing my ff03 i have realized that the spur gear hub is junk.  what a wobble.

Does anyone have a line on the tamiya aluminum one.  I dont understand why it was discontinued.

I read somewhere that FF-03 aluminum spur gear holder 54234 fits the XV-01. So I assume the opposite direction should work as well. The XV-01 spur gear holder is available as a carbon reinforced part (J/JJ parts 54445). It is not aluminum but still significantly stronger than the stock XV-01 part and probably also stronger than the stock FF-03 part.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FuzzyFlynn said:

I read somewhere that FF-03 aluminum spur gear holder 54234 fits the XV-01. So I assume the opposite direction should work as well. The XV-01 spur gear holder is available as a carbon reinforced part (J/JJ parts 54445). It is not aluminum but still significantly stronger than the stock XV-01 part and probably also stronger than the stock FF-03 part.

Yes the aluminum spur gear mount 54234 fits the FF-03, FF-04 and XV-01.  You're also right that the carbon reinforced spur gear mount for the XV-01 will fit the FF-03 as an alternative if you can't find the aluminum.

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2020 at 10:50 PM, Collin said:

f4c48d7d-5acb-4060-81rjzo.jpeg

I have a general question about this kind of steering arms. How is the play in compareson with ballends and adjuster between both arms? is the connector simply scewed with those m3 flatheads with full thread? I am playing with the idear using this to modernize one of my Dyna Storm.

It took a long time for the HopUp part to arrive. It came some days ago and today I found the time to install and give an answer to your question: I have no slop in the steering assembly shown below. So it could be a good alternative for your Dyna Blaster project.

71771279-fa3a-4f0c-93ykrq.jpeg

The set comes with a lot of shims and double the amount of needed screws. One set for hex drivers and one for JIS Phillips screwdriver.

bf45a71f-73fb-4b33-asukk9.jpeg

The situation before:

0e7ca931-adb8-46f3-berj5o.jpeg

The assembled steering rack with all-blue-screws:

3d73babe-3f9e-4963-amuj3b.jpeg

How it looks in the car (awesome :wub:):

a1de3a5a-bc6b-4006-9uikr2.jpeg

How you see it after the car is assembled again :rolleyes: :

58f4c435-806b-4c3b-bbvkya.jpeg

• Thanks 1

:wub:

Do you think its possible the mount the steering arms flipped? You know the Dyna Blaster arms yourself, they are very simular but just the servohorn is on the left hand side, ao in the opposite then ff-03.

@Collin I think it might work with the steering arm, by just changing left to right. The ff03 bridge seems to stand out to the front too much and will maybe collide with the Dyna Blaster front bulkhead. It also looks like you will maybe need low ballstuds to make it work with the oem chassis. If you don't want to waste money you could try it with the stock plastic steering arms first... It definitely needs some creativity on some point in the process.

Stock plastic arms are the same shape as aluminum, I guess? The bridge will be custom maden.

Bodywise both of my FF-03 are a bit unloved right now. The FF-03 Pro has an old, hard driven and cracked Castrol Civic body, the FF-03R has no body and tires at all. I used it to hold the HKS Opel Vectra for some time, but it got an FF-01 now.

With one of the last purchases came a near new silver Honda Accord body. So my initial idea was to make it a Aero Accord which would be fitting for a FF-03 (and I have the stickers).

So I added the bumper and carbon plates again:

7d83a91c-5e77-4ac2-bq8kkx.jpeg

...and ordered the fitting wheels and tires (now available again):

629d8e33-c50d-486b-9kxjtw.jpeg

They really look good on this chassis:

a4ebd197-44a7-4d6a-bmlk8v.jpeg

I just don’t know what to do about the body now. The problem is, that the previous owner already put on some of the stickers. It would be a waste to remove them as he also send the rest of the PIAA Accord sticker set. I could make a silver PIAA Accord... Or I try to remove the stickers and hope they don’t get damaged... All these decisions...:wacko:

• Like 4

OMG!! My FF-03 needs some BLUE! 😁  Seriously though, that looks GOOD!! 

You should be able to safely remove the Stickers with a Heat Gun or high powered Hair Dryer.... and a bit of patience. 😉  I've had to do it more than once.

• Like 1

Sorry!! Another question just brought itself to me, whilst Window Shopping on Evilbay! 😜  I've already been told by you and a few others, that the Stock, plastic FF-03 Suspension Hinge Mounts are pretty much PANTS! 😖

DO I WANT THESE??

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just the thought of ONLY having to buy 4.... and having a Ton of adjustments, just seems too awesome!! 

In the description of both, it stated that it fits TRF-419.... Isn't the FF-03 sharing a lot of Suspension with that? 

Between the two of them, all those Bushings, they range between X and XC.  I seriously hope these will work. 😁 

Theoretically, I should be able to not only Toe... But anti-squat!! Am I right?