esmuz

Tires for 1.9" or 2" rims

Hi guys, I am looking for something not too expensive to replace some old Kyosho OT-66 which I think are 1.9" or maybe 2"

I guess the new sand super ones used with the Optimas and Javelins Re-res should fit, but any other Tamiya alternative that might do the job for a bit less money? 

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, esmuz said:

Hi guys, I am looking for something not too expensive to replace some old Kyosho OT-66 which I think are 1.9" or maybe 2"

I guess the new sand super ones used with the Optimas and Javelins Re-res should fit, but any other Tamiya alternative that might do the job for a bit less money? 

Thank you!

I don't own the models so am not sure, but I believe the original Optima and Javelin wheels are 1.6" diameter so the tires would be too small for your 1.9"/2.0" rims.

What would fit is the new sand super tirea for the Turbo Optima, I've done it myself a few months ago and they fit like a glove, although not cheap and the thread wore off way too fast for my taste.

Do you remember the vintage Eagle spiked tires? They also would fit perfectly, and last quite a bit longer before they bald out. There seems to be a few old batches of those resurfacing lately, there were some on fleabay recently and I even managed to score a few pairs locally not long ago. If you still find them, I'd recommend getting some.

Or else, I think there's a company called something like Marwan rc that does old Kyosho tires repros. Never used them, but seems totally legit. Hope this helps.

There's actually quite a few still being made, the best I consider to be Schuamchers. 

The best multi surface, being the ,blocks in blue compound (blue being the hard compound, they do them in ,Yellow, which are softer, higher grip but high wear ), T692 for the rears and T693 for 4wd fronts.

Yeah sorry, your guys are right, it's the turbo optima ones.. 50mm 2".

But I found the hot shot II ones are same size too.. Not sure about width though.

4 hours ago, esmuz said:

Thanks! And these actually look pretty nice too.. 

Mini spike for carpet

Full spike for grass or low grip floor (as I found out on a church hall polished floor 🤷‍♂️)

Blocks work on most surfaces.