steveo rc

2 in the stable

So i have been back into rc for 2 weeks and 2 in the stable already and a 1/10 Zakspeed Jagermeister Capri on its way..

Think i have got the bug bad..lol..

Any ideas for 2 x ESC for the manta rays and a trigger remote to go with them..

Cheers

Steve20201222_180155.thumb.jpg.291531dfb1ba7b6f4a74746b0576bb30.jpg

• Like 3

Can't beat a df01!

Good ESC recommendations depend on which motor you wish to use. For most brushed motors a hobbywing 1060 or 1080 is an excellent choice. 

Remotes I like the turnigy/flysky GT5 which has multi model memory, relatively inexpensive receivers and is easy to use. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hobgoblin said:

Can't beat a df01!

Good ESC recommendations depend on which motor you wish to use. For most brushed motors a hobbywing 1060 or 1080 is an excellent choice. 

Remotes I like the turnigy/flysky GT5 which has multi model memory, relatively inexpensive receivers and is easy to use. 

Thanks Hobgoblin..i will go and have a look at them now..it has got a 540 brushed motor..

cheers

steve

• Like 1

A stable of Capri's is a good thing👍

IMG-20200928-WA0002.jpg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Hobgoblin said:

Can't beat a df01!

+1 I can recommend the Hobbywing 1060 too, no problems in my Grasshornet thus far, so I'm planning to get another for my Frog. The Flysky radio gear has been glitch-free as well, just make sure to RTFM. I got an FS-I4 transmitter that came with a receiver, as well as another bundle of 4 receivers, so I was able to get 5 cars running off the same Tx for under $100. Pretty sure Flysky makes a trigger/wheel style Tx in the same price range.

@steveo rc Don't tell my wife, but I've got the bug too. I'm considering getting another 4-pack of receivers "just in case" :ph34r:

• Like 1

Looking good Steve. 

Might be worth looking for an ESC that will run both brushed or brushless in case you decide to upgrade later?

If you got for a multi channel remote (one remote for several cars) make sure you look at the price of receivers before you buy. Crazy when you spend £60 on a transmitter and receiver and then a 2nd receiver is then £35! 

Another member going down the slippery slope of one tamiya is not enough 😅

9 minutes ago, svenb said:

And you know what? It's this very car that set me on that path...

14 hours ago, DrGoatboy said:

Looking good Steve. 

Might be worth looking for an ESC that will run both brushed or brushless in case you decide to upgrade later?

If you got for a multi channel remote (one remote for several cars) make sure you look at the price of receivers before you buy. Crazy when you spend £60 on a transmitter and receiver and then a 2nd receiver is then £35! 

Good advice Dan..there is no doubt in my mind i will upgrade sooner then later..lol..just baby steps at the moment learning what goes with what..

14 hours ago, svenb said:

lol...i have a feeling my whole stable is going to be Tamiya..