TurnipJF

The Christmas loot thread!

Santa (A.K.A Mrs Turnip) has been very generous this year!

2020-12-25_09-01-08

What (if any) RC-related gifts did you receive this Christmas?

• Like 23

Potential RC stuff for me in the form of eBay and Hobbyrama vouchers, that will do very nicely thank you very much 😁

• Like 5

My box of Volvoey goodness that I knew about and Mrs Wetman got me a Semi!!!!! err semi trailer that is. Will sling photo`s up later, busy trying to be an xbox engineer, Gordon Ramsay and Barbara Woodhouse at the minute

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I didn't get this ON Christmas, but I did get it FOR Christmas. A few weeks ago as a rather early Christmas present. I've only used it about twice so far. Got a 2S battery and charger with it...

IMG_20201225_141229.jpg

• Like 8

Nothing yet, we were going to have my Sister over either Husband and the 14m/o daughter, but his Dad caught the Corona virus and gave it to them (not sure on my Niece yet though) then my BiL’s Mom and Sister, some how her Husband has come back negative so far!  Probably going to be doing the gift thing after New Years instead.

• Like 1

Nothing RC-related, but I did buy myself a Bigwig back in November when Tower had them on sale. And my birthday is in two weeks, and I put in a request for a King Yellow...

• Like 6

I didn’t get anything RC-related given to me but I did gift the (unfinished) project that has kept me away from RC the past month or so.

9BF639A0-8BEB-4AFB-88EB-5176C9A49281.jpg

I was so close to getting it done! A few more nights to finish it are needed - upper windowsill, upstairs chimney to hide the wiring, some detailing and add some snow. And the wiring needs shortening so the roof sits flat! And I need to finish the non-identical twin for my Mum. Fortunately, tier 4 takes the pressure off that.

I shouldn’t forget the SCX10iii I gifted myself that is in the garage...

• Like 7

It’s not something I got but I bought a Team Associated Enduro 24 for my neighbors son who just turned 8.  I think he is going to dig it. 

• Like 6

Nice gifts guys! ;)

We were a bit tight on the dough this year so no RC stuff for me, we went for mutual functional gifts (a coat for her and a pair of boots for me, as mine had less thread left than the rear wheels of an original '80s Hornet).

My own gift to myself is finding the time to finish my Terra Scorcher build. Hopefully next days, though I wish I got some polycarbonate body cleaner before the shops locked down:unsure:

• Like 7

Got this for Christmas for my self , Ordered when i was stuck in New Zealand . Was thinking it was going

to take longer to get to Aus , but it only took a week . So it was ready in My car , with my rc cars that i had ordered

and was waiting as well . So when i got off the plane in Perth , car was in car park & all i had to do was find it and get in

. Drive home and stay home for 15 days ( WA only , WA wants 14 full days )  . So Christmas by my self .

My poor 3d printers have not stopped , got 6 months to catch up on , YES 6 months two weeks in NZ .

Found this clod stand as well , so i printed it . Came out great . Printer is Ender 5 pro . My Inventor is great as well . The

blue/white on right in 2nd pic .  So merry Christmas to all .  I'm printing Grasshopper stuff at the moment .

One of the best X-mas present i got my self :D  ...... This is on Thingiverse & TC member Xeostar made it .

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 10

9 hours ago, matman said:

Got this for Christmas for my self , Ordered when i was stuck in New Zealand . Was thinking it was going

to take longer to get to Aus , but it only took a week . So it was ready in My car , with my rc cars that i had ordered

and was waiting as well . So when i got off the plane in Perth , car was in car park & all i had to do was find it and get in

. Drive home and stay home for 15 days ( WA only , WA wants 14 full days )  . So Christmas by my self .

My poor 3d printers have not stopped , got 6 months to catch up on , YES 6 months two weeks in NZ .

Found this clod stand as well , so i printed it . Came out great . Printer is Ender 5 pro . My Inventor is great as well . The

blue/white on right in 2nd pic .  So merry Christmas to all .  I'm printing Grasshopper stuff at the moment .

One of the best X-mas present i got my self :D  ......

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We have the same in our RC workshop, has about 1200h of work on it now. :)

for my self havent been buying anything yet... finished my work room, almost, that can be the biggest gift.

but I am having and eye on either a WL Toys C24 or a TGY i6s or 9X transmitter for christmas.

• Like 3

My wife has pre-ordered the Fighting Buggy for me, so I'll get that sometime in February I think. The only physical part of the gift was a servo, receiver, speed controller and a ball diff for it.

• Like 3

For those of you who received RC related gifts from your wives: you have made the right choice for your life partner. You should be very proud of yourselves 😃

Merry Christmas!

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Father Christmas brought me this and it was a total suprise

I’ve had only Tamiyas for years so building this’ll be a new experience. 

243AB67B-74C2-4356-A676-BF91BE12D43A.jpeg

• Like 8

Must feel good to back home @matman 👍🏻 I hope things are turning a corner for you after the year you’ve had.

• Like 1

Mrs Claus in the guise of my other half,  rather kindly brought me  another vintage F1 to add to the collection.

J

DSC_6219.JPG

• Like 7

Not from Mr T but wonderful nonetheless. Makes the most sublime hot chocolate!!!!!!!

EFEFD782-0AF4-4810-B21F-884B3E31197F.jpeg

Edited by Busdriver
Missed a bit
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Not from Mr T but wonderful nonetheless. Makes the most sublime hot chocolate!!!!!!!

EFEFD782-0AF4-4810-B21F-884B3E31197F.jpeg

That just looks like it makes the perfect hot chocolate.......superb!

Got this off the whole family (clubbed together) not a tamiya but nevertheless a lovely little kit I have a vintage kyosho spa 240ws motor to put in it which I bought years ago:wub: mind you I'm kinda getting bored with these photographs randomly deciding to turn sideways and sometimes they go the correct way:angry:

20201226_141551.jpg

• Like 6