TurnipJF

The Christmas loot thread!

No RC related goodness for me this year (or any year, if I'm honest). But I've got enough NIBs to keep me busy for a while and really not enough space for any more. Might start building the SMT10 that I bought for myself back in March this afternoon :)

• Like 1

No RC loot for me - but I did get a new Canon Powershot camera so hopefully my build pics will now come out better than my current phone cam pics! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Super ally said:

Show off 😂

Well I paid for them myself and the missus gave me £100 for them (as this is how much I tell her they cost haha)

JJ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

@Dirt-Racer posted his 5 nib 2010 Sand Scorchers in the main site. I have always loved the Sand Scorcher and own a nice shelfer, 1980s one, that’s all set as an early v1 SRB. Anyhow Back in 2010 when they first re-released them, I bought one - with the limited edition special bag. Not long after I decided that NIB was not for me and promptly sold it around 2011. But seeing those 5 together I jumped on google and was surprised to see some model shops still selling them so grabbed one. I was very surprised to get it on Christmas Eve, no photos yet but you know what they look like. Let’s see if this one last longer than the last :-)

Oh yeah and first thing I did was smell the contents... instantly transported back to the 80s and my old Sand Rover :-)

Happy Christmas All

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Xeostar said:

Love the stand there, I think that is the one I put on thingiverse :-) - What do you think of it, any feedback will help me make it better.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4636957

Clod Stand 3.jpg

Clod Stand 2.jpg

I just messaged my Sister to see if she thinks they can print that at the library she and her Husband works at and what it would cost!

Well, once they let them back in the building after these last couple weeks.....

• Like 2

No rc stuff for christmas, but I did get some lego and we got some lego mario between us to collect. I ordered some rc stuff today as a late christmas present.

• Like 1

Some cool Christmas hauls for some this year, good to see! I didn’t get given any RC stuff but I’ve bought myself a fighting buggy on preorder, to arrive around the time of my birthday :D

• Like 3

Welcome back to Aus @matman

For me this year a little lithium cordless screwdriver for my race/travel kit and a Bose Bluetooth speaker for the same 

• Like 2

On 26 December 2020 at 7:23 PM, Re-Bugged said:

Must feel good to back home @matman 👍🏻 I hope things are turning a corner for you after the year you’ve had.

So glade i'm home , Been. 3d printing like mad lol . Thanks We can all only hope it's a better year next year . 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Xeostar said:

Love the stand there, I think that is the one I put on thingiverse :-) - What do you think of it, any feedback will help me make it better.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4636957

Clod Stand 3.jpg

Clod Stand 2.jpg

Nothing to change , works great . Thanks for putting it on thingiverse .  Very easy to print and came out fantastic .  Just need to have an inch taller one , would be good thanks . 

Love ya work , I'm only Just starting to Cad draw , So my hats off to ya .

• Like 1

I’ll call this a gift, my Niece’s Covid test came back Negative, so if she did have it, she’s over it now! May have to wait a couple weekends until my Sister and especially BiL are in the clear before we can have Christmas. Dad half joked last night that we hold off long enough, we could throw his birthday in with the mix.

• Like 3

Well after tinkering... I can say in this trying times.... in the pandemic... I TOOK THE PLUNGE OUT! 50$ thrown at a radio. :D

A TGY 9Xlikea 9x but with backight screen. 

why not the i6S for about the same price?

because moduls, it can handle the spektrum gear or FRsky for long range like the taranis gear.

really happy about the decision.

but I still need to spend about 50-70$ on a modul/reciever set from FRsky. I believe a lot of quad guys got the fail safe error on beta flight because of the radio range. 

this has far more power then usual radios. That are recommended for entry level. Like i6 i6x i6s or similar

img_1689_2.jpg

edit: 

to find out I have a FlySky GT3 with a AFHDS modul... I am at this point not sure if it should be compatible, but I think it should. Never less I have multiple recievers for this.

so the idea is to buy a quad modul a 1 reciever for it. That I already might have. (The reciever)

mIziWDh.jpg

so new years solution couls come true and fly my first fpv quad. Happy as a little child

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Well after tinkering... I can say in this trying times.... in the pandemic... I TOOK THE PLUNGE OUT! 50$ thrown at a radio. :D

A TGY 9Xlikea 9x but with backight screen. 

why not the i6S for about the same price?

because moduls, it can handle the spektrum gear or FRsky for long range like the taranis gear.

really happy about the decision.

but I still need to spend about 50-70$ on a modul/reciever set from FRsky. I believe a lot of quad guys got the fail safe error on beta flight because of the radio range. 

this has far more power then usual radios. That are recommended for entry level. Like i6 i6x i6s or similar

img_1689_2.jpg

edit: 

to find out I have a FlySky GT3 with a AFHDS modul... I am at this point not sure if it should be compatible, but I think it should. Never less I have multiple recievers for this.

so the idea is to buy a quad modul a 1 reciever for it. That I already might have. (The reciever)

mIziWDh.jpg

so new years solution couls come true and fly my first fpv quad. Happy as a little child

I've been looking at flysky over the last couple of weeks are they good quality? They do a fantastic looking set (flysky noble NB4) all machined alloy the base is the rechargeable battery pack it looks like the rc transmitter/receiver on a hole new level?

CoaURm3.jpg

• Like 1

Never really was a fan of them from the start. They are very good radios. But I orefer the finish quality of a Sanwa or Futaba, for quad I am pretty new so this is my first stick air radio, cant say much until I try it. For hobby toy grade perfect, but not for racing or long range as I have heard. 

most important fact, flysky has sort off the same options, but sanwa and futaba go a little bit beyond.

• Like 1

I've always used the spektrum rc gear which have always been good enough for me but they do tend to bamboozle me with the DSM, DSMR, DSMR2 etc etc is my ageing dx4s compatible with what etc.......kinda confusing:wacko:

• Like 1

Decided to treat myself with the blackfoot I have a few weeks off in the new year and probably still in this tier4 or whatever our esteemed dictatorship (sorry government) decide to put the UK in my xmas present (tomahawk) and blackfoot should keep me sane for a while 

20201228_105705.jpg

• Like 5

Santa was good once again with the Tamiya goodies. Two 1/12 static kits and two RC re-releases.

The static kits are absolutely fantastic. Talk about a miniature version of the real thing, the attention to detail is incredible......

20201229_134624.thumb.jpg.5d3f1f94514862f26ddf739d46ede1b0.jpg

• Like 4