Saito2

Tamiya dogbone sizes

Does anyone have a list of the various lengths of dogbones that Tamiya has offered over the years in their cars? It would be very useful for custom projects and such.

• Like 3

Keen on this too as ive collected quite a few but can never remember what kit they came from or what part number they were. Unfortunately the ones I have never seem to be the right length for what I need them for either. It would also be good to have similar with the axles to with the shaft length, shoulder length and pin position.

• Like 1

What I can remember from onroad chassis:

39mm - TL01, TA01 / 02T, DF-03RA, XV01 rear

42mm - TA02 front, TB02, TA05 + some other cars with TRF414 suspension, XV01 front, TB03D

45mm - TB03, TA05V2

48mm - F201, TA05IFS

• Thanks 2

45mm is also cc-01

48mm is also comical avante front

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, taffer said:

48mm is also comical avante front

Is the Comical Avante different from the standard GF01s like the WR02CBs are slightly wider than the regular Wr02s?

3 hours ago, Honza said:

48mm - F201, TA05IFS

Are you sure they are 48mm?

I found info saying 55mm?

29 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

Is the Comical Avante different from the standard GF01s like the WR02CBs are slightly wider than the regular Wr02s?

Yes it's different because the comical buggies use slight wider wishbone arms (approx. a cm!?)

And the comical avante being 4wd has these 48mm shafts at the front. So if converting a gf-01 or g6-01 you should get these as well

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Honza said:

What I can remember from onroad chassis:

39mm - TL01, TA01 / 02T, DF-03RA, XV01 rear

42mm - TA02 front, TB02, TA05 + some other cars with TRF414 suspension, XV01 front, TB03D

45mm - TB03, TA05V2

48mm - F201, TA05IFS

TT02S is also 42mm, both front and back

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

Is that centre to centre of drive pins or overall length end to end?

Yes, it looks like it. The length of the actual axle shafts that connect to the wheel is not included in these measurements.

• Thanks 1

On 12/29/2020 at 9:39 AM, Superluminal said:

Is that centre to centre of drive pins or overall length end to end?

Centre to centre of drive pins.

On 12/29/2020 at 11:14 AM, taffer said:

Are you sure they are 48mm?

I found info saying 55mm?

It might be +-1mm, I'd have to measure them again. It's centre to centre length, 55mm might be overall length.

6 hours ago, Frankster said:

Restarting this conversation.

Anyone know if there are any dogbones 60 to 63mm long pin to pin?

Closest to that might be DN01/DB01/DB02 rears - but I think they might actually be 65mm?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuggyGuy said:

Closest to that might be DN01/DB01/DB02 rears - but I think they might actually be 65mm?

They 64mm. Just been around the houses on this trying to find something to fit my Hotshot 2

• Like 1

Those badword dogbones in the Porshe 959 that are pretty much unique, and I need just one, ONE!!!

I think they are like 32mm pin to pin. possibly also chuck in end diameter so you can tell if they will fit whatever drive cups you are using.

15 minutes ago, Pablo68 said:

Those badword dogbones in the Porshe 959 that are pretty much unique, and I need just one, ONE!!!

I think they are like 32mm pin to pin. possibly also chuck in end diameter so you can tell if they will fit whatever drive cups you are using.

That's about m chassis size. M05 shafts are 30mm and m07 are 33mm. Reckon some regular 30mm m05 would do it wihh some o rings in the drive cups or a spacer on the wheel axle

• Like 1

I am looking for some dog bones with a length of approximately 52 mm from pin to pin. Does someone know where I can get some. Doesn't have to be Tamiya. 

I think that Himoto/HSP/Maverick TC (same manufacturer under different brands) was around 50mm.

• Thanks 1