Sign in to follow this  
ExmouthAdam

Dt-03 Racing Fighter tyres

Hi folks, half way through building the racing fighter my wife bought me for Christmas.  Really happy so far and I'm not sure about the front tyres.

I'm mostly going to be driving on hard dusty off-road and tarmac surfaces and these look like they'll not offer much grip.

Anyone have any experience/recommendations on front tyres for this car?  Or are the stock ones better than they look?

Thanks!

Adam

PXL_20201226_221435970.jpg

I put Schumacher cut staggers on mine and they seem ok.  I think I went for the yellow compound. 

20201227_140606.jpg

I think the DT03 wheel is 2.2”???  If so, just look for a 2.2” front buggy tire you like. 

Yup, the fronts are pretty awful in anything other than soft sand or deep gravel. 

As above Schumacher Cut Stagger, I like the low profile version as it rolls less. 

I’m putting my Xmas DT-03 together too and opted for the Carson All Terrain Set - have posted a picture so you can see how they compare.

38C50EE0-5A96-4F1B-B513-4DC5671AD254.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for the recommendations folks. It's built up now and i just took it for a blast out the front of my house on wet tarmac.

They weren't as bad as i thought they would be but I'm confident these recommendations will work better, just by getting more rubber down. I've seen both the Schumacher cut staggers and Carson's recommended on other buggies so will try either of those i reckon