Sign in to follow this  
Superluminal

Ultima re re mystery part

Hello - im building my christmas present to myself, an Ultima re re and ive got a left over mystery part no# 12 off of sprue UT002.

I cant find it in the build sequence of the manual nor the adendum pages but its shown in the exproded views of the manual.

The chassis seems to have gone together without it - any ideas where its supposed to fit?

20201227_162533.jpg

• Like 1

It screws into the hole next to the slipper spring. It is used to hold the motor wires from rubbing on the driveshafts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Biz73 said:

It screws into the hole next to the slipper spring. It is used to hold the motor wires from rubbing on the driveshafts.

Ohh thank you! I havent got a motor in it yet so hadnt spotted this - cheers!

• Like 1

This should be a blast . I've got an original Ultima , and the re-re with clutch included should be a great improvement

• Like 1

Thanks! Yeah it feels pretty good so far - very different build to the Optima although the slipper and diff parts are the same. The only bit ive not been too keen on is the servo arm and rod arrangement. Theres been some choice words this evening getting that set up! The cranked rod means its very difficult to set the length of the ball ends and none of the holes in the chassis seem to occur where screws are so keep having to completely remove the servo, remove and re-adjust the rod, refit servo (and repeat many many times)

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

Theres been some choice words this evening getting that set up! The cranked rod means its very difficult to set the length of the ball ends and none of the holes in the chassis seem to occur where screws are so keep having to completely remove the servo, remove and re-adjust the rod, refit servo (and repeat many many times)

you can mount your steering servo off center by putting the servo mounts on the top of the servo's tabs instead of the bottom. then run a regular straight turnbuckle [adjustable] at the furthest radius of your horn. everything will clear and you can adjust the turnbuckle length easily.. you can even do the offset to only the front mount so your servo is mounted ~10º clockwise.

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2020 at 3:03 PM, BardsDirge said:

you can mount your steering servo off center by putting the servo mounts on the top of the servo's tabs instead of the bottom. then run a regular straight turnbuckle [adjustable] at the furthest radius of your horn. everything will clear and you can adjust the turnbuckle length easily.. you can even do the offset to only the front mount so your servo is mounted ~10º clockwise.

Got a photo?